scottvsaunders

Default Bell Family from Troon - Family Histroy Searc

For the last 2 hours I have been putting together all the information that I have on my paternal great grandfather Andrew Bell. Using information from an initial photograph of the burial lair that my father obtained and then linking everything together using www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, I have managed to fathom out the following which is surely a nice little building block for my Scottish connection via the Bell Family.

Andrew Bell was born in circa 1886 to a husband and wife combo of Joseph Bell and Rosanna Bell (maiden name is Blane before their wedding on 22/11/1872).

Andrew Bell himself married Susan Gibbons who appears to have been buried on the 03/08/1935 at the age of 42 which would put her year of birth at approx 1893. I believe that they 3 children that I know of who are listed below

Helen C Bell who was buried 31/03/1932 age 2 months due to possible Pneumonia.
    Jeanie S G Bell who was buried 26/10/1948 age 27 thus putting her year of birth at approx 1921
    Jean Scouller / Susan Bell (my grandmother) who was born 01/04/1926 and died 21/02/1971 in Birmingham after an accident involving a bus.
    There are various Troon addresses associated with the family which have all been taken from the record extras, these are listed below in date order.

1912 : 27 Backtemple Hill,
    1925 : 39 Backtemple Hill
    1932 : 55 Backtemple Hill (this is the address the burial lair below)
    1950 : 17 Harbour Road
    The address of 17 Harbour Road is the last know address that I can see connected with the my Bell line as this was the address recorded both on the death index for Andrew Bell and the newspaper that reported his death due to the location. He dropped down dead near the 13th hole on the Troon Royal Golf Course, this happened on Wednesday 30th August 1950.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You've put together quite a reasonable template here, is there some-where, some-one you'd like to delve into next which members can help with?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

scottvsaunders

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    You've put together quite a reasonable template here, is there some-where, some-one you'd like to delve into next which members can help with?
    Hi,

I would really like to try and find out as much about the family and ideally see if anyone living knows anything about the my Bell line - perhaps the addresses can offer some clues ?

Sorry - I should have stated my intentions when I created that post :-)

Scott

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thanks for that Scott, do remember that names of living persons cannot be posted. Such info must be passed along via private mail or email. Let's hope there are some finds for you.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.