Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Henry Qualmer married Theresa Delaney

I am interested in finding out if a marriage certificate from 1864 for the above couple would list their parents. In a court case in Australia Theresa is listed as a cousin of Edward Sarsfield Delaney and I am trying to find out how. I do have her death certificate, she died in NSW 15 Dec 1901 and her parents are listed as James Delaney and Mary Condon she was born in Newry Northern Ireland so far so good. Edward/Edwin Sarsfield Delaney was born in Armagh Northern Ireland ( some of the family were born and buried in Newry) and his parents were James and Bridget Duffy. So my problem is the two James, her son William was the informant and as we all know info on a death certificate can be wrong.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I am presuming that they married in Northern Ireland? If you want to order a certificate the web link is:
    https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/do-...ertificate.htm

Marriage certificates in England and Wales only list the fathers of the bride and groom. I don't know if this is/was the same in Northern Ireland.

If you are worried that there are two James Delaney and this brings into question as to how Theresa and Edward/Edwin could be cousins; well they could be second cousins.

They married in New Zealand in 1864, I guess I need to find her shipping details I do know from another court case in NZ that her father was still in Ireland as he had given her three hundred pounds. From what I have read I think that he was German I have their children and the info from there on but I also think that they must have been second cousins. My line is from Edward/Edwin and he was divored from my ggrandmother and then change his name to Edward Mitchell Delaney and married again in QLD stating that he was a Bachelor he had three children to his first wife in Sydney and two boys with his second wife in QLD and none to his third wife.

That should have read that I think Henry Qualmer was German. Can anybody tell me if there are shipping indexes on line to New Zealand about 1860. Theresa was 57 in 1901 so was born about 1844 which would make her 20 at the time of her marriage so I am guessing that she had not been in NZ for very long before that. I would like to find out who she went with as my Edward didn't arrive in Australia until 1880.