kamile

Red face Fellow Genealogists...

I started researching using our local LDS Church in the early 1980's then my work and subsequently three children left me without the time. I had also lost heart as I had hit a brick wall.

I started again about six months ago and discovered that not only did my paternal family hail from Wiltshire but also my maternal.

I have been "consumed" now and have just signed to a syndicate to voluntarily transcript records, to make them available to more people, more easily.

Happy hunting everyone. Kay

Procat

Greetings Kay and welcome to the forum.

It does get a little depressing when you hit a wall and can find no way round or over it.

It is great that you have now resumed your research - good luck with it.

JLDawe

Hi, Kay. I've found over the years that families tend to come from the same area. Even in the US! Railroads started the movement, but until cars, most people didn't tend to move about much. At least that's been my experience in every line I've followed over the centuries. There's some saying about your own backyard. My brick walls come when I have an unwed parent [I've had several] or a possible adoption, although it didn't seem there was such a thing as a formal adoption in the early 1800's. If the child was family, you just absorbed them as one of your own. Good luck with your searches.

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by kamile View Post

I started again about six months ago and discovered that not only did my paternal family hail from Wiltshire but also my maternal.

I have been "consumed" now and have just signed to a syndicate to voluntarily transcript records, to make them available to more people, more easily.

Happy hunting everyone. Kay
    Whereabouts in Wiltshire Kay??

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    Whereabouts in Wiltshire Kay??
    Have seen your subsequent post. Thanks