Knowledgeable and helpful

Default The deposition of Samuel finney

Another one almost got it but I am struggling with a few words

here is my effort

The Deposition of Samuel Finney 1753

The deposition of the witnesses produced upon an allogation (?) bearing date the 23rd day of June 1752 and this original will of Samuel Gallimore late of Ellastone in the county of Stafford and diocease of Lichfield and Coventry deceased (?) and also upon an allogation bearing date the third day of April 1753 given in and admitted on the part and behalf of Edward Hows and William Gallimore, executors named in the said will agt. William Latham follow to wit.

Samuel Finney of Wootton in this parish of Ellaston in the county of Stafford, husbandman about forty years of age a witness produced upon the two allegations and the said original will of the said deceased (?) examined(?) the twenty first day of September in the year of our Lord 1753.

To the first articls of the allegation bearing date the 23rd June 1752 and to the original will of the said Samuel Gallimore the testator allegate dated (deceased?) bearing date the twentieth day of July in the year of our Lord 1750 now showed to him by the examiner. The deport (?) saith that he believes that the said dored (deceased?) was on this day of the date of the said will of sane mind, memory and understanding.
    To the second, third, fourth and fifth articles of the said allegations he is not Exaud (examined?) by the order of the prodursut (?)
    To the sixth article of the said allegation The depont (?) saith that he know and was aquainted with Samuel Salt one of the subscribing witnesses to the said will of the said deceased that he the said Samuel Salt lived at Wootton many years and died there since (?) the execution of the said will that he was a stone cutter by business and a person of good character and reputation and wa[s](?) esteemed in the said parish of Ellaston.
    To the first article of the said allegation bearing date the 3rd April 1753 The depont saith that he know the said deceased about thirty years before his death that for about ten or twenty (?) years before his death he routed (amounted?) sevral (?) farms of value amounting in the whole to five (?) hundred pounds in land of about the yearly value of thirty five pounds which he also occupied.
    To the second article of the said allegation the depont saith that the said deceased for the span(?) of ten or twelve years before his death did gather considerable quantities of corn (?) and grain upon and from his said farms and did keep great quantities of horned cattle for feeding and for the dairy and breeding and also several stallions or stouod (stud?) horses, geldings, mares and colts and sheep and he the depont has hoard (?) and colisoos (?) Rlomid (?) dorods (deceased?) personal estate was at the time of his death worth about the sum of sixteen hundred and fifty pounds.
    To the third article of the said allegation the depont saith that the said deceased was a person of judgement in husbandry business and was so esteemed in the neighbourhood of Wootton afore said. But by undertaking to manage so much(?)
    Land and trusting to his servants to look after great part of his business he had occasion to borrow many considerable sums of money and often prormed (?) Thomas Gallimore deceased father of the said William Gallimore party in this cause, to be bound with him for such money and that often the said deceased had routined (?) to take in a large quantity of land in the said parish of Ellaston called Thurswood.

Coromandel

You've done a great job, Zen Rabbit, well done.

First here are a few comments:

A line above letters is an indication that a letter (or letters) has been omitted. Transcribe this with the missing letters put back in, but in square brackets. There's one over the 'aco' in 'Allegacon', so transcribe it as 'Allegac[i]on' (=Allegation). There's another over the 'ece' in 'deced', which from the context evidently means deceased. I have assumed that it is 'eas' that's been omitted (rather than 'ase') and so transcribed it as 'dec[eas]ed',

What looks like 'Depont' is also a contracted form of another word. The clue is in the dot under the 't', which highlights the fact that the 't' is superscript. It is short for Deponent, i.e. the person making a deposition. The 'Exaud' which puzzled you is another example of this type of contraction. As you guessed, it is short for 'Examined'. I think it says 'Examd' with a superscript 'd'.

Make sure that you transcribe what is actually there, not what you think ought to be there: e.g. 'beleives' or '3d'. It is a good idea to turn your spell-checker off so that it doesn't try to correct the spelling!

If you insert punctuation to help with the sense, put this in square brackets too.

Finally, it helps others to compare line-by-line if your transcription has line breaks in the same place as the original.

Here is my version:

The Depositions of the Witnesses produced upon an Allegac[i]on bearing date
    the 23d day of June 1752 and the Original Will of Samuel Gallimore
    late of Ellaston in the County of Stafford and Diocese of Lichfield and
    Coventry dec[eas]ed and Also upon an Allegac[i]on bearing date the Third
    day of April 1753 given in and Admitted on the part and behalf
    of Edward Hows and William Gallimore Executors Named in the
    said Will ag[ains]t William Latham follow to wit

Samuel Finney of Wootton in the parish of Ellaston in the County of
    Stafford Husbandman about Forty years of Age a Witness produced upon
    the Two Allegac[i]ons and the said Original Will of the said dec[eas]ed Exam[ine]d
    the Twenty First day of September in the year of our Lord 1753.

To the First Article of the Allegac[i]on bearing date the 23d June 1752, and to the
    Original Will of the said Samuel Gallimore the Testator Allegate dec[eas]ed bearing date
    the Twentieth day of July in the year of our Lord 1750, now shewed to him by the
    Examiner The Depon[en]t saith that he beleives that the said dec[eas]ed was on the day
    of the date of the said Will of Sane Mind Memory and Understanding.

To the Second Third Fourth and Fifth Articles of the said Allegac[i]on he is not Exam[ine]d
    by the order of the producent.

To the Sixth Article of the said Allegac[i]on The Depon[en]t Saith that he knew and was
    Acquainted with Samuel Salt one of the Subscribing Witnesses to the said Will
    of the said dec[eas]ed that he the said Samuel Salt Lived at Wootton many years
    and died there since the Execution of the said Will that he was a Stone Cutter
    by Business and a person of Good Character and Reputation andue [= and due?] Esteemed in
    the said parish of Ellaston

To the First Article of the said Allegac[i]on bearing date the 3d April 1753, The Depon[en]t
    saith that he knew the said dec[eas]ed about Thirty years before his Death that for about
    Ten or Twelve years before his Death he rented several Farms of Value Amounting
    in the whole to Five hundred pounds a year or thereabouts and that he the said
    dec[eas]ed was Owner of an Estate in land of about the yearly Value of Thirty
    Five pounds which he Also Occupied

To the Second Article of the said Allegac[i]on the Depon[en]t Saith that the said
    Dec[eas]ed for the space of Ten or Twelve years before his Death did gather
    considerable Quantities of Corn and Grain upon and from his said
    Farms and did keep great Quantities of Horned Cattle for Feeding and
    for the Dairy and Breeding and also several Stallions or Stoued [stud?] Horses Geldings
    Mares and Colts and Sheep and he the Depon[en]t has heard and believes the said
    dec[eas]eds personal Estate was at the time of his Death worth about the Sum of
    Sixteen Hundred and Fifty pounds.

To the Third Article of the said Allegac[i]on the Depon[en]t Saith that the said Dec[eas]ed
    was a person of Judgment in Husbandry Business and was so esteemed in the
    Neighbourhood of Wootton aforesaid But by Undertaking to manage so much
    Land and Trusting to his Servants to look after great part of his Business he had
    Occasion to borrow many Considerable Sums of Money and often procured Thomas
    Gallimore dec[eas]ed Father of the said William Gallimore party in this Cause
    to be bound with him for such Money And that often the said dec[eas]ed had contracted
    to take in a large Quantity of Land in the said parish of Ellaston called Thurswood . . .

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks for that Coromandel
    Some useful pointers which I will bear in mind and adjust my transcript