Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Annamarie

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    FreeBMD has a marriage for Obedience Jane LUKE Dec qtr. 1849 Bethnal Green Vol 2 Page 28
    on same page Thomas DEEKES

she then married as Obedience Jane DEEKES Dec 1857 Lambeth Vol 1d Page 628
    on same page Thomas CLAYTON
    They married on the 14th Dec 1857, in St Luke's church, Norwood. Witnesses: Charles Wootton ( Thomas's step-brother) and John Horn (difficult to read.)

Annamarie

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Hi Annamarie - you are definitely correct - something is wrong with Anc. Back in 2010, ordered a death cert. for a death registered 3rd q. 1842 - Whitechapel, London - vol 2 page 407. I got it a couple of weeks later from GRO. At that time I only had a sub. to A.

Now A. has the same chap in their index - Whitechapel, London - vol. 2 page 407. This death ie registered with no image available as -4th q. 1914. The death for 1842 has disappeared from their index.

A slight error - eh?

Colin
    Hi Colin,
    Definitely - yesterday I found another one, again with no image. I feel sorry for new researchers chasing false leads,
    Anna

Annamarie

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle78 View Post
    Hi Annamarie, I meant to mention, and I could be wrong (especially if records are not what they should be) as far as I know Obedience's maiden name was Luke. She was married to Thomas Deekes (need dates still) he died in 1856. Then she married a second time, this gentleman was Thomas Clayton.
    Obedience Jane Luke, spinster of full age, married Thomas DEEKES a cooper, in St John's Church Bethnal Green, on 27th December 1847. Her father was Abraham North Luke, a grocer.

Annamarie

Default Adding detail.

Abraham North Luke is interred at Norwood Cemetery. He died on the 19 th August 1872. At the time of his death he lived in Westow St, Upper Norwood. His widow's name was Sarah. His estimated year of birth was 1801.

Nicolina

the only Abraham DEEKES I can find on the early Censuses give his birth year as 1793 (1841) and 1791 in Great Oakley (1851).

Annamarie

Default Census

In 1841' Abraham Luke is living in the Parish of Newington, occupation grocer, wife Sarah. Children Jane ((Obedience) b. 1829, Eliza b. 1831, Alfred 1834, Mary 1836, Edwin, 1839. (HO 107/1064/2)

In 1851 (HO 107/1772) Abraham's birthplace is given as Spitalfields. He is a grocer living in Romford Essex with his wife Sarah b 1808 in Hadley Suffolk. They have four children: Mary Ann b. abt 1837, Edwin and Matha
    B. 1843 and Lewesa b. 1849.

Nicolina

Ooops!!! I think it might be time to get back into my sick bed - I'm getting confused. I was looking at the DEEKES family.

Annamarie

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    Ooops!!! I think it might be time to get back into my sick bed - I'm getting confused. I was looking at the DEEKES family.
    Sorry to hear you're unwell.

As one who has committed quite a few bloopers of late with no excuse, I'm delighted to finally offer assistance! Hope you feel better soon,
    Anna

This item about researching Deek(e)s may be of interest:

https://www.bures-online.co.uk/windsor/

Dale in New Zealand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123