Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Mutley
    Sorry for the delay I have saved the file from AxxxY but straight to my dvdrw disc. However I hadnt realised that it is also saved to the hard drive so there are loads of these saves. I cant read it there either saves error reading Photo Editor if that helps.
    What I will try is to save the jpeg to my hard drive and move it to the disc.
    Best Wishes Jane

Mutley

Hi Jane,
    I originally downloaded it to my hard disc (drive C) but the next day was able to lift it over to a CD in my CD/DVD drive and also to an external hard drive I have without any problems.

It is saved on my C: hard drive as a normal jpeg image.
    If I double click it, it opens with Windows Live Photo Gallery (the default. I don't like that and should get around to changing it).

If I right click it, I can choose several programs to Open With. Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Paint, Picasa, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Photo Viewer, even Windows Live Movie Maker (all freebies with Windows).

It is the same type of file as any other photograph, a jpeg. Do you have a problem with other photographs?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Jane, if all else fails, have some-one down load said file to their machine & email it to you.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

David Benson

I wonder if the file is just too large for your PC to open. If you have many other programs running and only a limited amount of memory then it might not be able to open the file. As you say your husbands PC (and others) will open it - this may be the problem.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Mutley
    Yeserday I was able to download 1881 census to my hard disc from the same site able to read no problem and also transfered to disc. However tried with the 1861 census same error message comes up unable to read. So cant understand what it is, I wonder if it is my laptop? Its not that I cant read it at all its the intermittant way it either lets me read it or only preview.
    Best Wishes
    Jane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12