Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    malcolm99

In the 1901 Census images for "Silvester Building Model Dwellings" start at RG13 Piece 371 fol. 12 p. 15

sulee

Wow! I will be at the library when it opens tomorrow!
    I can't access your previous link. I will try googling falcon Court......I think my ancestors were rent evaders as they didn't stop moving until about 1910!

malcolm99

Ooops - this should work>

https://www.
    archive.org/stream/housingofworking00londuoft#page/54/mode/2up

It's this:
    Housing of the working classes in London.
    Notes on the action taken between the years 1855 and 1912 for the better housing of the working classes in London, with special reference to the action taken by the London County Council between the years 1889 and 1912.
    Published 1913 by Printed for the London County Council by Odhams in [London] .

It's available via the "internet Archive"

sulee

Found it! It looks interesting........Will keep me busy this evening. thank you for the link.
    i thought rehousing only happened after the war...or during the 50.s and 60.s.

Mutley

Looks like more than one of us had folks that ran ahead of the rent man in those areas.

Just shows how hard it is to 'pin 'em down'
    Especially when there are two streets with the same name in the same Borough. Murphy's Law!

Please let us know what you find at the library.

Well done Coromandel and Malcom99. I am quite happy to be corrected.

malcolm99

Sulee - this is probably the most pointless photograph you'll look at this year but the big red building on the right is built on the site of Silvester Buildings. The side road is Silvester Street. I still haven't given up hope of finding a picture of the original.

https://www.
    flickriver.com/photos/symonmreynolds/5393058627/

sulee

Sorry i didn't update this sooner, But after spending many sessions of 30 minutes [max allowed!] searching i was unable to find anything worth reporting...I did follow up on Malcolm's reading suggestions and now have a clearer vision on how and why my grandfather was sent to an industrial school.
    What an unsolubrious place to be raised in!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123