Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    sueannbowen

Default You know you are senile when............

... you get really really excited to find a 'stificate for someone in your tree, order it and then find out 2 days later that you did exactly that a year ago. Bummocks. [Gets coat......... shuffles off muttering darkly]

Loves to help with queries

Does it help if you know you are not alone?

busyglen

I did this several years ago.....serves me right for not putting the certificate where it should have been!!

sueannbowen

Yes - it does a bit. But clearly demonstrates my very poor admin. I was cast iron certain she was a new find. Ho hum.....

Famous for offering help & advice

Brings a new definition to Reincarnation

Brick wall demolition expert!

I've got a slightly different problem .... about 12 months ago I was corresponding with a family member, and copied about 6 certificates for them - now can I find the originals? No - I have this sinking inevitable feeling that I binned them in a clear out - what makes it worse is that everyone who sees my office knows that I work in organised chaos and rarely have a clear out ..... except about 9 months ago. So now do I swallow my pride and embarrasment and ask for copies of the copies or raid the piggy bank?

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    ......... I have this sinking inevitable feeling that I binned them in a clear out
    oooo that is a pain. if that were me, I'd reorder and then find them a week later.......

Sandra Parker

Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    ... you get really really excited to find a 'stificate for someone in your tree, order it and then find out 2 days later that you did exactly that a year ago. Bummocks. [Gets coat......... shuffles off muttering darkly]
    Oh, Sue! We can but symapathise. It seems to come with this inevitable quest for finding out what our families didn't really want us to know about. After all, if they had known we needed this information, they would have arranged for everyone to keep close personal records from the time each individual became literate and every branch of the family would have a detailed family bible, a folder with the details of every birth, marriage, death and dalliance with 'issue', and photos with the details clearly written on the back!

If only ......

Sandra and her eternally optimistic spectacled aura.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    Yes - it does a bit. But clearly demonstrates my very poor admin. I was cast iron certain she was a new find. Ho hum.....
    Well Sue, she was for that day anyway. I wonder if some-one is trying to 'tell you something' about that particular line?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Parker View Post
    Oh, Sue! We can but symapathise. It seems to come with this inevitable quest for finding out what our families didn't really want us to know about. After all, if they had known we needed this information, they would have arranged for everyone to keep close personal records from the time each individual became literate and every branch of the family would have a detailed family bible, a folder with the details of every birth, marriage, death and dalliance with 'issue', and photos with the details clearly written on the back!

If only ......

Sandra and her eternally optimistic spectacled aura.
    If that was the case Sandra, there would not be any mystery in our life !! AND we would be super organized as well so no fun in that department, either!

Megan
    ...I think we must be secretly related...my desk is the same!

Sue

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast