Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

from Family Search:

"Utah, Probate Records, 1851-1961
    Description

Collection of probate records, including case files and other documents created by the Probate Courts of various Utah counties. Probates were generally recorded in the county of residence. This collection covers probate records created 1851-1961, but the content and time period of the records will vary by county. Additional records may be added to this collection. Check the wiki or browse the collection to determine current coverage."

There is an index of browsable imaghes but I'm not sure how to find the one you want they seem to be filed by box and folder numbers.

Colin Rowledge

Spent a very interesting day yesterday [after getting 'hooked up'] reviewing stories of my Mormon family. What a life!!!

Not the kind of life I would care for - but then I'm soft!!

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Having spent some time reviewing this family in connection with my other thread, I feel the 2 should be linked.

I have a lot more detail to add, but, given the sensitivity of the forum relative to differences of religious beliefs, I am reluctant to go further with my queries. Can I get some assurances here?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Having spent some time reviewing this family in connection with my other thread, I feel the 2 should be linked.

I have a lot more detail to add, but, given the sensitivity of the forum relative to differences of religious beliefs, I am reluctant to go further with my queries. Can I get some assurances here?

Colin
    Not having received assurance or told to desist by the Moderators/Adminstrator, I am posting this an update - I still cannot find early records of Mormons in Utah prior to 1870 census census.

Would they be deemed to sensative for release by the Church?

Colin

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Not having received assurance or told to desist by the Moderators/Adminstrator, I am posting this an update - I still cannot find early records of Mormons in Utah prior to 1870 census census.

Would they be deemed to sensative for release by the Church?

Colin
    Hi Colin,

Sorry -we obviously missed your question.

(1) Given you did not state which 'other thread' you were talking about how can we work out if it needs linking?

(2) If all you wanted to ask was whether Mormon records pre 1870 are deemed sensitive by the church there is no cause for concern about that type of question. And sorry, but I do not know the answer to this.

Colin Rowledge

Doug.
    I am the one who should apologise due to my failure to properly identify the thread that I thought appropriate for either merging or linking. I will dig it out and provide the details.

I'll be back.

Colin

Procat

Hi Colin,

Do you think there is a need to do so? It has not caused any problems over the last couple of months.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Colin,

Do you think there is a need to do so? It has not caused any problems over the last couple of months.
    Hi Doug.
    Yes I do, but you be a better judge than I if the 2 threads should be kept seperate or joined.

The thread was started 20 February 2013, is on the USA genealogy bard asnd is titled Salt Lake County Index Probate Case Files. There was one reply.

The lady named is one that this current thread is all about. I have information collected since that time which is now relevant to the thread I am now on, as well as the other.

Probably confusing yoou further, but I am trying to comply

Colin

Procat

Hi Colin.

Threads merged. See posts 10 & 11 this thread where the other thread came in.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
    Colin - this is an excellent question. My LDS relations all joined post-polygamy, so this hasn't been an issue. Now I'm curious.... requires some thought - which today might require some effort.

-Barb
    Hi Barb.
    I am still in the process of collating information to put put together in a post now that Doug has merged the 2 threads.

Do you or any other member know when the post-polygamy period commenced and what were the repercussions, if any, to those men still involved with 2 or more wives?

Colin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast