Thread: Hi Everyone

stayhopeful

Default Hi Everyone

Hi my name is Doreen and I have been interested in my family tree for a few years now but not having much luck in finding out anything on fathers side. Hope someone can help.

wendymac

Hi Doreen,

Welcome to BG. Everyone is very friendly on here and will always help if they can so post your details what you need help with and I'm sure you'll be on your way with that family tree of yours in no time.

Wendy

georgiep

Hello Doreen and welcome aboard.
    Fire away about your rellies, the people here are so helpful.
    Is the tide still out in Southport??
    Georgiep

stayhopeful

Hi Georgiep
    Thanks for your reply my problem is that I cannot find any birth records of my deceased father who was born in 1930' I h. Iave gone through every channel and its as if he never existed I now am at a loss of what to do next.
    Oh and yes the tide is still out in Southport lived here over twenty years and only seen tide in four times so exciting
    Doreen

Procat

Hi Doreen,

Welcome to Brit - Gen.

Since he is deceased you could post as much detail as you have on the relevant section of the forum and see if anyone comes up with an idea.

Remember that we do not allow specific details of living people to be included on posts so keep it general in that respect. e.g. instead of married Sarah Jane Smith on 01/01/1960 at xx it could be married on 01/01/1960 at xx

stayhopeful

Hi thanks for getting in touch but I need some help you say that I should put as much detail on relevant forums . Could you please tell me how to do this as it is quite confusing, and which forum would you suggest I use.

Thank you

terrysfamily

If you know the county in which he died then maybe select that forum or maybe post a thread HERE in the Certificates-Births-Marriages-and-Deaths-in-the-UK forum. (just click on the blue HERE it will take you to the correct forum)

Terry

Procat

Hi,

You may find this thread helpful.

Terry's suggestion could be as good a place as any. However, if he was born outside England you may want to post on the section of the forum relating to that country. To see the different sections go here. Then just scroll down the page. When you get to the section headed "County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands" click on the relevant hyperlink (you may need to click on the small down arrow to the right to expand the section).