Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by KathNZ View Post
    I have now found Martha & husband William Moore in 1901 & 1911. William is a gasfitter, they have children May c1894, Walter c1901 & Henry c1903.
    A gasfitter: that surely has to be the right family, then. Great find! All the pieces seem to be falling into place now.

Quote Originally Posted by KathNZ View Post
    Back to the Tingles - I did find Edith aged 6 living at East Dean, Gloucester with her mother & grandmother Eliza in 1891. Martha b Westbury on Severn, Gloucester & Eliza b Little Dean, Gloucester
    I'd wondered if there might be a connection with the Forest of Dean: there seem to be lots of Tingles with roots there, and the mining industry there would fit with Martha saying her father was a collier.

There does seem to be a Richard Tingle, coal miner in the right area at the right time but he doesn't seem to have married Martha's mother.
    To confuse things more there is a marriage on 26th Oct 1884, St Mary's Marylebone of an Emma Tingle aged 25 daughter of Richard Tingle (deceased) collier and Arthur Moore aged 25, son of Benjamin Moore, carman.
    I can't seem to find Emma on early census records.

Hope this idea works out. I am away for a few days, will check to see how it has gone when I get back.

Hector

Thanks KathNZ, it may just mean that there were family conections in Marylebone.
    Martha seems to have gone to London where Edith Alice was born in 1885, then gone back home to Gloucestershire (1991 census), then back to London to marry William in 1892.

Thank you again, I think you're all Superstars.

Hector

You're brilliant Coromandel, there are two many matching names not to be anything other than true.

After two days away the last few posts take some absorbing, but yes, I think you've all solved the problem.
    To go back further at least Tingle is going to be easier than Smith!
    Thank you Lawsue, Procat, KathNZ and Coromandel

Hector

Thank you all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123