Thread: Thomas Knibb

searcher02

Default Thomas Knibb

I'm trying to find some information about my Great Great Grandfather Thomas Knibb.
    He was born c.1817, Southam, Warwickshire and was Married to a Sarah Neville in 1841 in Southam, Warwickshire. From information passed onto me, from what I thought was a reliable source, I was given his Father's Name as a James Knibb, born 1771 in Southam, Warwickshire. I've recently acquired the Marriage Certificate of my Gt Gt Grandfather Thomas to Sarah Neville and Thomas's Father's Name is listed as a George Knibb. I cannot find at present any further information on George Knibb.
    I do know of a George Knibb, born about 1760 who is the older Brother of 1771 James Knibb but can't find if he is related to Thomas Knibb.
    Is anyone doing any research on the Knibb Family in and around Southam, Warwickshire who may be able to point me in the direction of George Knibb? I do know that Thomas Knibb in the 1841 Census is living with a James Knibb, born 1807 (Son of 1771 James) & his Wife Lucy Knibb (nee Shirley) at the Black Horse Inn, Church Hill, Southam. This James Knibb, I was told was his Brother, but is likely to be probably a Cousin.
    Does Anyone have any links with these Knibb Families

Gypsyrose51

There are a number of children born to a George and Hannah Knibb (nee Torbitt), they are Elizabeth 1777, William 1779, Hannah 1783. They are all in the parish of Southam. George Knibb and Hannah Torbitt married in 1777 in Bishops Tachbrook, which is close to Southam. This may muddy the waters, so apologies if it does. Maybe they had more children.
    There is also a record in September 1760 of a George Knibb, yeoman who is a freeholder at Pailton, Warwickshire.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I had a look on Ancestry as I know that they have some Warwickshire Parish Records.

I found the banns marriage of Thomas and Sarah, except that they have transcribed Sarah as Parah Nerille! Of course the banns only list the couple, but they do identify that they were both from the parish of Southam.

I also tried searching for George Knibb and this may be a total red herring as I don't know how the parishes relate to one another but there is a baptism in the Parish of Fenny Compton of a Mary Anne Knibb on 27 Jan 1822, which is the same era as your Thomas, and his parents are George and Mary Knibb.

A George Knibb was baptised at Lillington on 4 Aug 1793; his parents being William and Sarah.

Presumably you have Thomas in the 1841 Census? Living at Church Hill, Southam: Ref: Piece: 1138 Book/Folio: 16/27 Page: 20 He appears in the same place as James Knibb born 1811 and a Lucy Knibb born 1806. James is an innkeeper and Thomas appears to be residing in the inn, but as does not appear directly under James and Lucy they may not have been family.

Starting to feel at home

Have you seen the Knibbs family site? Lots of information from Don Knibbs on www.knibbs-family.org
    Hope this helps

Auburn