wendy lou

Question Marriage and Birth information verification "

I live in Australia so verifying information found on Family Search at the source is somewhat difficult as travelling to England is not possible for the forseeable future. I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to do this for me.
    I have recently located the following information which I need to get verified for my own peace of mind.
    Marriage:
    Moses Jones 26 December 1836 in Newton-Bromwhold, Northampton,England to Agnes Smith.
    Births/Baptism:
    John Jones christened 9 September 1837 at Newboroughm Northampton, England.
    William Jones christened 13 July 1848 at Helpston, Northampton, England.
    Moses Jones christened 25 May 1851 at Paton, Northampton, England.
    Sarah Jones christened 3 July 1842 at Warmington, Northampton, England.
    Dora Jones christened 3 August 1854 at Marholm, Northampton, England.
    Sophia Jones christened 26 April 1845 at Elton Huntingdon, England.
    Any additional information such as Parents names (in the case of the marriage) or Witnesses at the baptisms etc would be greatly appreciated.
    This particular branch of the family has taken me 10 years to locate this much information on them.

Regards

Jan1954

Hello wendy lou,

If you contact your local Family Search Centre and order the films from which you have found the marriage and christenings transcribed, you should be able to see all that is recorded in the registers.

There are a fair old number of FSCs in Australia and hopefully there will be one near to you. Check here.

Oh, by the way, you will not necessarily find details of parents on the marriage record (see here to check what would be recorded) and the christenings will not necessarily have details of the witnesses or Godparents (see here) - although you may be lucky and find a note in the margin.

janbooth

I can confirm the marriage date for you, via the Northamptonshire Marriage Index 1700-1837, of 26 December 1836 at Newton Bromswold and that both Moses & Agnes were unmarried and of the parish and via FreeREG website (lots of Northamptonshire records on here) with the added information from FreeREG that the marriage was by Banns and with consent of parents.

Janet

wendy lou

There is one family history centre near me but they never seem to be open when I have free time to do some searching there. Will keep trying though. Thanks again.
    Wendy

alisonbonnell

Default Sophia Jones

Quote Originally Posted by wendy lou View Post
    There is one family history centre near me but they never seem to be open when I have free time to do some searching there. Will keep trying though. Thanks again.
    Wendy
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy lou View Post
    I live in Australia so verifying information found on Family Search at the source is somewhat difficult as travelling to England is not possible for the forseeable future. I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to do this for me.
    I have recently located the following information which I need to get verified for my own peace of mind.
    Marriage:
    Moses Jones 26 December 1836 in Newton-Bromwhold, Northampton,England to Agnes Smith.
    Births/Baptism:
    John Jones christened 9 September 1837 at Newboroughm Northampton, England.
    William Jones christened 13 July 1848 at Helpston, Northampton, England.
    Moses Jones christened 25 May 1851 at Paton, Northampton, England.
    Sarah Jones christened 3 July 1842 at Warmington, Northampton, England.
    Dora Jones christened 3 August 1854 at Marholm, Northampton, England.
    Sophia Jones christened 26 April 1845 at Elton Huntingdon, England.
    Any additional information such as Parents names (in the case of the marriage) or Witnesses at the baptisms etc would be greatly appreciated.
    This particular branch of the family has taken me 10 years to locate this much information on them.

Regards
    Hi there
    I am also researching this branch of the family, and have been struggling with it for many, many years! My ancestor is Sophia Jones who married Isaiah Loveridge, who is also a mystery. I guess you know by know that they were romany gypsies. Was wondering if you have made any further progress with the family. I may get a chance soon to visit the Northampton Records Office to confirm the dates and see if there is any more information.
    Kind regards
    Alison