Starting to feel at home

Default John Hawksworth Lambourn/Eastbury

I'm wondering if someone may have parish records for Lambourn Berkshire and could look up a John Hawksworth born abt 1789, for me. On the 1851 census he is listed from Lambourn, and on the 1861 from Eastbury (just down the road). I can find no listing of him on Family Search, although there are some Hawksworths listed from Lambourn on there, but very few from the late 1700's.

I have John having two marriages. Firstly to Mary Preston in 1813 in Shalbourne and a second one to Susanna Martin in 1834 in Buttermere. Mary having passed away in 1821.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Gerald

Name well known on Brit-Gen

but very few from the late 1700's.
    Hello

Familysearch has not digitalised all the records yet, so it maybe that the records you are looking for have not been done yet!

Why not contact your local resource centre and enquire if the fische is available to order for the period you are looking at!

Look at the site tool bar.

From "IGI Batch Numbers" -
    Berkshire - Lambourn
    Baptisms C023012 1560 - 1766 C023013 1767 - 1812

Victoria Sellwood Turner

There are no Hawksworths at all on Lambourne, Berkshire transcribed registers
    https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb...._1780-1794.htm
    Your John might have been born there but baptised elsewhere.

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for the link Victoria, but they are actually under a different spelling. Hawkesworth. I'll keeping checking on there to see if I can find him.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by limeyrr View Post
    Thanks for the link Victoria, but they are actually under a different spelling. Hawkesworth.
    Variation in spelling of surnames is quite normal: if you discount people with the 'wrong' spelling you may be discounting your own ancestors.

Some of my lot were called ASH, for example. You'd think that was a nice easy name to spell, just three letters, not much room for misintepretation? But my ancestors can be found recorded as ASH, ASHE, AISH, AISHE, ASSCHE, NASH, NAISH, NAISHE to name but a few. If it sounds like the same name, it could be the same name.

For a lot more examples see this thread: 'My family's name isn't spelled that way'.