Hello all

I am trying to find out if a couple who died in Limerick are my ancestors. My great-grandmother Catherine Fennell, I believe, was born in Birr, Offaly as far as I can tell, as there is a baptism in 1858 to a Michael Fennell and Catherine Keefe in that parish. Catherine emigrated to NZ aged 18 in 1876 supposedly from Clonmel, TIPP according to family legend but as she died after childbirth aged only 36 the only clue I had was the name of her father on the NZ death cert - Michael. After some research I realised that both Birr and Clonmel were garrison towns and I found the deaths of Michael Fennell, army pensioner in 1896 and his wife Catherine a widow both from Hunt's Lane, Limerick City. Catherine was in the 1901 census at that address (birthplace Co Clare and died later that same year. There were no relatives living with her in 1901 although I have found (a presumed son) Michael in the Clonmel area. Can anyone advise if I am taking too much for granted or if the coincidences seem strong enough to follow up. There is a discrepancy in ages between that on the census and the death cert but we all know how a lady can be a little vague about her age at times but the place of abode is the same for both.

Thanks Anne