kimberley

Default property records

Hi.
    I think my Gt.Gt.Gt. grandfather was born in 1788 and his parents were living in Ebenezer Square Aldgate
    Portsoken Ward are there any records that can confirm this,
    regards Kimberley

Jan1954

Hi Kimberley,

A couple of questions....

What was your Gt Gt Gt Grandfather's name?
    What were his parents' names?
    What is your source for them living in Ebenezer Square?

Sorry for the questions, but a bit more information will help us to point you in the right direction.

kimberley

Hi.
    Thank you for your prompt reply
    This all the info .i have got on my Gt Gt Gt grandfather born 1788 Aldgate [ Ebenezer Square ] this info. came from my cousin in London .I hope to verify this when i visit him in ten days time,i have not got the name of his parents i was hoping to get this from the property ,records
    His name was Isaiah Levy, married Catherine Jones in 1816 at the Jewish church in Kings Lynn ,she was the daughter of Hart Jones a silversmith from Kings Lynn.He was born in Aldgate in 1766.
    Isaiah was a silversmith /watchmaker, he traded in Gainsborough for some time before moving back to London with his eldest son Benjamin,by this time the family the family had changed their name from Levy to Lee
    Hope this is of some help
    regards Kimberley

Mutley

There are a few records that may relate to your ggg grandfather on the pay to view site Ancestry.
    The address given is 41 Rathbone Place and he is a Watch Maker & Artificial Florist.
    Should this address turn up in your searches when you visit your cousin, then please come back to the thread and I will find them again.