Thread: Birgettae Brady

pilgrim father

Default Birgettae Brady

Hi

I am seeking information regarding Birgettae Brady born abt 1862 in Kilkenny. She married Joannis McMullen (County Antrim) and they went to Bishop Auckland County Durham. I assume around 1878. Not sure whether they were married in Ireland, or England. They went onto have 13 children. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Coromandel

There are partial details of what could be like their marriage on FamilySearch:

Joannem Mullen (father: Roberti Mullen) and
    Birgittam Bready (father: Patricii Bready)
    were married 7 April 1875, St Bede's, Jarrow
    (LDS film no. 2046482)

The names are in Latin as was usual in the records of the Roman Catholic church. In everyday life these people are more likely to have been known as

John son of Robert Mullen
    Bridget daughter of Patrick Bready

You should be able to send off for a copy of the marriage certificate from the GRO. FreeBMD has the bride and groom as John Mullen and Bridget Bready, marrying in the South Shields district, second quarter of 1875, vol. 10a, page 1019.

pilgrim father

Thank's Coromandel, I have seen this record, but thought it not the one I am looking for. You are right, it could well be them, so
    I should get their marriage certificate.

Bertie

pilgrim father -based on the marriage date, you may care to revise Bridget's birth back a bit to 1859 (or earlier). Hopefully the marriage cert. will shed more light on her age

Famous for offering help & advice

There is however a John Mullen age 30, shoemaker, married to a Bridget in Newcastle in 1881. Oldest child b 1877
    RG 11 piece 5060 f 32 p 15 (crown copyright)

pilgrim father

Hi grisel, that's very interesting. The first child as far as I know was Susanna born 24 Dec 1878 in Bishop Auckland and I assumed the marriage took place before that date. The family were listed on the 1881 census as living at Newton Cap Bank, Bishop Auckland, County Durham, so being married in Newcastle may be a puzzle.