Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    janbooth

Even more interesting is a marriage at St Paul Devonport on 21 January 1856 of an Elizabeth NORMAN aged 39, father Thomas NORMAN and a Richard OLIVER aged 44. Could this be your Elizabeth NORMAN as this would lend credence to the fact that Walter & Elizabeth never married.

Walter is described as a widower in the 1861 census of Ryde, Newchurch, Hampshire and is living by himself. But what happened to their children. I can't pick them up with any certainty until the latter census records, i.e. 1891 onwards, at least not without further in depth searches.

More research required!

Janet

debd

OMG Thanks Jan,ive just got in from work since this morning and im working til 7pm tomorrow,really want to be off.Thanks for your time Jan and i need to really pick your brains lol HELP
    Do you think this is them??
    1851 census
    27 TAVISTOCK STREET,STOKE DAMEREL ,DEVON.
    JOHN SANU or SENE head m 56 TANNERCARVER and BOOKER m PLYMOUTH
    MARY SANU or SENE Wife f 57 TREGONY-CON
    ELIZABETH " " " U 17 DEVONPORT
    THOMAS" " " " son 14 m TANNERCARVER and BOOKER APPR DEVONPORT
    HENRY " " " " Son 7 m DEVONPORT
    LEONARD HILLLMAN son 7 PLYMOUTH
    THOMAS HILLMAN son 5 PLYMOUTH
    JOHN WILLIAM HILLMAN son 4 PLYMOUTH
    ROBERT HILLMAN son 1 Devonport

I think this is all Walter and ELIZABETHs children,could MARY ANN FINEMORES and WALTERs ELIZABETH ANN BORN 1835 be ELIZABETH 17???ALSO who are john and mary sanu or sene??????im so confused lol but it looks good to me.
    MAny Thanks for your tie Debbie)))))

janbooth

Hi Debs,

John & Mary LANE are living at 25 Tavistock Street in the 1851 census together with children Elizabeth Thomas & Henry. Walter & Elizabeth HILLMAN and their children are living at 27 Tavistock Street.

Mary LANE is shown as born c1794 at Tregony?, Cornwall. Does this correspond to the birth date and place of Mary HILLMAN?

Janet

debd

I think i made a mistakeopps.Robert HILLMAN born 1850,Walters son,married a Mary Dawe both widow and widowers,married in St Marks ,Devonport 09/08/1893.Father Walter Hillman Coachman.

in 1851 cen Walters 1st wife Marry Ann Finemore was still living Westgate Street,Launceston,but called Mary HILL.

WAlters other son Leonard was a baker cant find him on 1861,71,in 1881 census he is living at 44 High Street,Plymouth st Andrews with his family.His eldest daughter is 5.He married a Mary Ann Livermore .

Robert married an Elizabeth Harris 3rd quart 1870 Stoke Damerel before Mary Dawe.I lost him after 1871 census.

what do you think of this????????possible thats why we havnt found Walter....
    In 1861 census theres a Walter Hillman living at 10 Union Road,Newchurch,Ryde,Isle of Wight.he married a Ann Salter dec quart 1861 in same place,he dies 1874.If it is him he must like wedding cake lol.
    Do you think the boys may have been in navy or something and thats why we cant find them til they are older,Leonard doesnt marry til hes 27 and he is a Baker.If you think this too then maybe that is why i cant find nothn about these after 1851 census?
    Walter born 1842 Stoke Damerel,
    Thomas born 15/10/1845 Plymouth
    John William 11/10/1847 Stoke Damerel.
    Really wish i had a day off before Thurs to search more.Thanks Everyone Especially Janet Debbie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234