Thread: SIMON of Berlin

apvicus

Default SIMON of Berlin

I am researching the family of Ernst SIMON of Berlin whose son Ludwig became naturalised British in 1909.
    Last edited by apvicus; 30-10-2012 at 3:58 PM. Reason: spelling errors

You might want to add more data to help researchers but are you researching Ernest Simon b abt 1830 Berlin - owner of a chemical factory with son Ludwig Simon 1851-1918 married twice to Rosina Tuck and then Emily Montague. Are you also the researcher who has recorded this family on Ancestry Com? I have no connection to the lines.
    Phillip

apvicus

Philip

Yes, that is the same family, the family of my son in law Phil Simon. I am in the process of obtaining a copy of the naturalisation papers from TNA, in the hope that they shed some light on the Berlin family. In particular I want to trace descendants who became victims of the Holocaust, as family stories suggest that at least two cousins of Ludwig were, and any family members who joined the diaspora.

Have you looked at the JewishGen data bases for Germany; Austria/Czech plus the Holocaust Data base? In addition, you may want to post on the British Jewry site which also has researchers world wide.
    Phillip