Thread: Lawless

searchfamilies

Default Lawless

I have a Henry Lawless born about 1866 Pembrokeshire, he becomes a police constable & is in Paddington in the early 1900s

I believe he is the son of George & Martha Lawless nee Butler George is down as a Seaman decease on Henry's marriage in 1904 which took place in Paddington Middlesex to Elizabeth Murkin

I found a death for George 1874 with a Marriage for Martha in 1878 to John Watkins as on the 1881 census Henry is down as step-son but it has the surname misspelt

Any help with the family i would appreciate it

Jan1954

Hi - welcome to Brit- Gen,

I have just checked for births for a Henry LAWLESS in Pembrokeshire for 1866 +/- 3 years. There is just the one:

Henry LAWLESS, Pembroke registration district, September quarter 1864, volume 11a, page 713

Could this be your Henry? The certificate will tell you...

terrysfamily

Pembroke Baptisms - Transcripts

Henry Lawless
    Baptism : 6th November 1864
    Place: Angle, Pembrokeshire
    Father: George, Mother: Martha
    Page:95

Burial Record.

George Lawless
    Place: Angle, Pembrokeshire
    Burial: 13th September 1874
    Page:65

searchfamilies

Thanks I won't get a certificate as he married in to the family he married my Nan's half-sister

searchfamilies

Thank you so much, i had mother as Martha
    I do have to laugh at the profession he took up a policeman with a name like Lawless
    he rose from Constable in 1904 to a Sergeant by 1911

terrysfamily

Banns

Groom: George Lawless
    Groom's Parish: Angle
    Banns: Angle, Pembrokeshire 29th September 1861
    Bride: Martha Butler
    Bride's Parish: Castlemartin

Marriage

Grooms: George Lawless age Full
    Bride: Martha Butler age 20
    Place: Angel, Pembrokeshire 20th October 1861
    G/father: James Lawless
    B/father: John Butler

The distance by road from Angel to Castlemartin is only about 6 miles by road

Orielbenfro

Caution for the future, do not get confused between the Lowless family and the Lawless Family both of Southern Pembrokeshire

The only George Lawless to fit was baptised at Angle on the 10 June 1838 to James & Sarah Lawless.
    James Lawless mrd Sarah Purser at Angle 06 Feb 1827

James Lawless may well be related to John Lawless of Pembroke St Mary who mrd Jane Price at Monkton 30 June 1822.

For future reference from my database of the Burgess of Pembroke Borough 1678 to 2010 I note that
    William Lawless a labourer of Harding Hill, Angle was made burgess on the 12 Jan 1795 Admin Bk 6 Page 04 Minute Bk page 129
    William Lawless a labourer of Treforce St Twynnells was also made burgess on the 12 Jan 1795 Admin Bk 6 Page 213 Minute Book 130

Rgds
    Orielbenfro

searchfamilies

Thanks for the burial as well as the baptism

searchfamilies

I have the marriage of Henry Lawless, found him on 1871 census with parents Martha & George in 1881 census it has the surname as Lowless but all fits the Lawless side i then found that George had died & even found the marriage of Martha Lawless to a John Watkins in 1878 & it is John & Martha who is on the 1881 census with step children down as Lowless so i would say it a spelling mistake in this instant on the 1881 census

I not done too much on the family as yet, i do have Henry & Elizabeth down as having 2 children by 1911 & after a search so far can't find anymore until 1938 (believe it could be a grandchild) but no death or marriages after 1911 so far

searchfamilies

I now also have father's names Thank you