Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jenko

Hi Mutley, Thomas is always listed as a labourer on any info I've found. As far as Henry goes Maria was his 2nd wife, I think her maiden name was Puddiford, although spellings sometimes differ.

Jenko

Hello Peter, details I have on Henry are born 1815, married 18 Dec 1836 to Mary Postern. Mary died after 2 yrs from smallpox, no children from this marriage. 2nd marriage 7 May 1844 to Maria Rutterford, at St Johns the Evangelist, Paddington. I think they had 2 children son called Henry and daughter called Maria.

Reputation beyond repute

Diana (1812) was in St John the Baptist, Hillingdon
    Ancestry haven't made the 1812 registers available yet so that explains why I couldn't see it

and Thomas (1822) in Ealing, Middlesex.
    I've found Thomas now. Ancestry don't seem very sure which church it was. What a pig's ear they make of things. I wonder if I may have been misled about the baptisms I said were at West Twyford.

Jenko

Thanks for all your help on this. Not sure what you mean when you use the abbreviation J & Martha or J & Ann.

Jenko

On the 1851 census Julianas birthplace is listed as Denham, so perhaps Upton is in the same area.

Jenko

I have a copy of a page from the register for Thomas but it doesn't have a church name on it, just parish & county.

Reputation beyond repute

perhaps Upton is in the same area.
    Upton is part of Slough these days. Denham is a few miles north.

Mutley

I've just arrived to find you have all gone racing ahead of me.

When I was searching last night, before I knew Henry and Maria were your couple, I am sure I saw a census entry for Henry stating place of birth as Ponds Lane. I need to find where that is exactly and where it puts the family at that point in time.

Regarding the J + Martha mentioned in Jan's post #17, that is exactly what the Pallots entry says. No name, just the initial.

janbooth

So wrong Henry in the 1841 census, so could this be him in the 1841 census of St Luke (HO107/688/8, folio 20, page 33):

Henry BISHOP 25 Shoe M Born in county yes

Living at 11 Marlboro Place.

Could sister Diana have married a John NORRIS? The first marriage of Henry BISHOP took place on 18 December 1836 at St James Paddington by banns. Both Henry & Mary POSTON were unmarried and signed, and the witnesses were John NORRIS who signed and Dinah NORRIS who made her mark. Just a thought as witnesses were often relatives. Bingo, and it gets even better, marriage on 3 March 1833 at St James Paddington of John NORRIS, bachelor and Diana BISHOP, spinster, both of the parish by banns. The witnesses were Juliana BISHOP & Thos BISHOP and both bride and groom and witnesses all signed. Don't you love it when pieces of the jigsaw all start to fit together!

Janet

Sorry, forgot to add both marriages are courtesy of Ancestry London Parish Register images.
    Last edited by janbooth; 23-10-2012 at 9:24 AM. Reason: Missed source

Jenko

Brilliant to find the marraige for Dinah, thanks. Not sure about census for Henry. On the 1841 I can see one Henry BISHOP living in St.Johns, Westminster. Aged 25, not born in the county. Occupation is hard to mke out but looks like baker, although I do know he later worked as a shoe maker. This census is during the period between his 2 marraiges so it's possible he had moved away for work. Interestingly the 2 other men listed at the same address are also in the same profession. I can't find any info at all on the 1851 census for Henry or Maria.
    Jenko

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast