Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Birth Certificates

Could someone explain how many checks you can ask for on a birth certificate. I would like to ask for three, the fathers name, occupation and mother's name. Is that too much to ask the GRO

On the last one I asked for fathers name and it was the right name but not the right person. I am concerned about the occupation as these descriptions vary.

Do we pay extra for checking and will I get a refund if not the right person?
    Can anyone enlighten me
    Thanks Elma

Brick wall demolition expert!

If you look at my thread in this forum started 2 April 2012 and the response from Olliecat at message 5 that should help you, as I have found that advice invaluable.

You don't pay extra for checking - if you order a certificate and any of the facts you list don't match then you get a refund immediately.

You can input both parents names, including the mother's maiden name, but not the father's occupation.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks Megan I will check out that post.
    It is all very easy when you know how!
    ELMA

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    If you look at my thread in this forum started 2 April 2012 and the response from Olliecat at message 5 that should help you, as I have found that advice invaluable.
    This is the thread to which Megan refers.