kazzaco

Default Loveridge/Smith - can anyone help?

I am researching the family tree of Alfred Loveridge born about 1851 possibly Powick, Worcestershire. He Married in Droitwich in 1876 to Centy Smith born abt 1852 possibly Northampton.

I have found them and their family in each census after their marriage but am unable to trace any records of either prior to that. In the censuses, they lived in Bartley Green and then moved to Halesowen where they remained.

Can anyone help me with this problem as I am fascinated by this side of the family.

Thank you so much.

Jan1954

Hello Kazzaco - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Who were their respective fathers and their occupations as noted on the marriage certificate? This will help us to trace them in the censuses.

If you do not have the certificate, you will need to lay your hands on a copy. Available from the GRO with this reference: September quarter 1876, volume 6c, page 535, Droitwich registration district. Please note: the bride's first name is recorded as Cente

janbooth

If you do a name search on LOVERIDGE on the BG site, you will find a wealth of information on the Romany LOVERIDGE families which I, amongst many others, contributed to. It was quite a while ago, so I cannot remember if Alfred was one of those we found details for, but it could be worth looking at and then getting in touch with the various members who were researching the name to see if they have come across Alfred in their searches.

Janet

Name well known on Brit-Gen

There was on FreeBMd an Alfred Loveridge b.Dec. 1852 Newport PAgnell.
    Haven't found in 1861 but one such in 1871 with Mother Elizabeth,b. Cople, Father Montague Grey etc,& 8 siblings:
    Class: RG10; Piece: 1545; Folio: 76; Page: 25;

Otherwise two Alfred with Parents David & Louisa b. Buckinghamshire.
    Class: RG 9; Piece: 926; Folio: 82; Page: 14;
    Class: RG 9; Piece: 873; Folio: 86; Page: 24;
    with sister Mawassah Loveridge 6 (which may equate to Mary Sarah or such)

p.s. Montague Grey: 'gypsies' b.Hertfordshire. pork lane
    Elizabeth b. N K
    Alfred b. Bedfordshire.

previous page has William Loveridge & family- gypsies Pork lane, all born cople
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

kazzaco

Thanks for all your help. Someone is going to do a look up for their marriage in Droitwich district so when I know more details I will let you know.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Have you found all the children of the marriage, looking at the forenames given will help you in working out which LOVERIDGE family they are related to!

kazzaco

The names of all the childred are

Glorelia
    Sylvester
    Frederick
    Shadrach
    Joanna or Jane
    Adolphus - my brother in laws Gt. Grandfather
    Elsie M
    Ancy ?
    Ellen
    Alfred
    Beatrice
    Amealie

Hope this might give some clues. Thanks.

peggysmum

just to comment on mawassah incase anyone comes across this. the correct name for this person is henry mannasah. he was the only one of david and louisas children to live to old age and have children. Alfred joined the army and died young and childless. the other Alfred with montague grey I am hoping is my ancestor but it is being a begger to prove.