Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Court Records

Kazzee

Post Court Records

Hi, new to the boards and needing a little help ..If a child aged 8 was removed from the care of her mother and/or father by the courts because they were living in a brothel would there be some sort any court or police records of this? This event occurred in 1905 in West Ham involving my great grandmother and great Aunt. One would assume for this to happen the brothel must have been raided or some such thing, however I can not find any information about it. I have searched old newspapers to no avail. I also contacted Newham local archives (on advice) but to date they have been non responsive. Does anyone have any idea where I might find out more about what happened? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reputation beyond repute

Did you know there is a "Court Records" forum on this site?

Kazzee

Thanks..as soon as I figure out how to delete my original post..I'll add it to the correct forum.

Reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a kind moderator will just move it for you.

Reputation beyond repute

In any case, I'll make a start.

Did you find the child in the 1911 census? Where was the child? Where he or she was can have a bearing on the best research path.

Kazzee

Yes she is on the 1911 census in an industrial school in Surrey..I have both admittance and discharge papers for her. She stayed in the school until she was 16..She never went back to the care of her parents and according to the Surrey archives she would have gone in to local employment, although they couldn't tell me where or what this employing was. We lose track of her after she left the school and as her name was Jane Smith it's impossible to know who she may have married or if she actually did.

Kazzee

I am new to the site..perhaps you could suggest a moderator who would be kind enough to move it for me..That would be great..Thanks
    Last edited by Kazzee; 21-09-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzee View Post
    ..perhaps you could suggest a moderator who would be kind enough to move it for me..
    I have moved it for you.

Kazzee

Thank you...much appreciated..

Reputation beyond repute

she is on the 1911 census in an industrial school in Surrey..I have both admittance and discharge papers for her.
    Looks like this is going to take a long time.

Which industrial school?

What do the admission documents say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast