Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Colin Rowledge

My sincere thanks along with praise for the diligence that the respoders have exhibited in this quest.

May I ask for time to review the material provided and see just how it fits with what I have?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by lesleys View Post
    RG 9; Piece: 1553; Folio: 6; Page: 6 transcribed by Ancestry as Gauley with the three youngest as Jolly - do these children match with what you have in 1871?
    By and large it does match the family I found in 1871, although the reference for 1861 on FMP is slighttly different - RG 9, Piece 1553, Folio 7, Page 7. Parents are the the right age [36 in '61] and [48 in '71] A daughter [Ann age 9 in '61] is not with 'em in '71. A daughter [Riza age 8 in '61 is not with 'em in '71]. Another daughter [Ellen age 6 in '61 is not with 'em in '71]. Next is Mary [age 3 in '61]. She is on the schedule in '71 as Mary Kendall Golley age 13. The Alice [age '2 in '61] has been replaced by an Alice age 9 in '71. The next 3 children in '71 are Joseph age 6, Marla [possibly Maria] age 3 and John age.

Somehow I don't think now that this is the right family. My Joseph Golly was born 1 July 1861, baptised 13 August 1861 and married 30 October 1886. His age on the marriage certificate states age 25.

Nicolina

were the family you found in 1871 living at Treleggan Farm House, Gerrans (RG10 piece 2274 folio 11 page 1)?

Colin Rowledge

With reference to posts 6,7, 8, 9 and 10, I do believe this is the right family:
    Charles born 1848 marries an Annie and in 1871 both are aged 23 and living in St. Ewe with their 1 month old daughter Mary. His occupation is an Ag. Labourer. In 18881 wife is now Mary Ann - both he and she are now 10 years older and have added 5 children to the family. Occupation is same. In 1891 he istill married to Mary Ann, still in St. Ewe and they've added 4 more children. He died 4th q. 1896.

Mary Anne born 1850.

The 3 baptisms in the 1860's [including my Joseph]

So I'm still looking to see what happened between the birth of Mary Ann and Joseph which is why the 1861 census is in my opinion quite important.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    were the family you found in 1871 living at Treleggan Farm House, Gerrans (RG10 piece 2274 folio 11 page 1)?
    Yes, Nicolina

Colin Rowledge

[QUOTE=Colin Rowledge;532981

Mary Anne born 1850.

Colin[/QUOTE]

Sadly, my Mary Anne didn't make it out of 1851. She died age 1 year in Gorran and was buried on 1 July 1851. Residence at death was Churchtown, which matches the residence in the 1851 census.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Looking back at the 1861 census - RG9/1553/6/6 on Ancestry - and my response in post #12, I'm having 2nd thoughts about discounting this family.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by lesleys View Post
    Cornwall opc has the burials of William age 1 in 1867, Alice age 24 in 1883, John age 67 in 1890 ( sudden death - inquest) and Mary age 83 in 1903.
    Seeing that John's death in May 1890 was sudden and an inquest was held, I'd like to know more about the results of the inquest. Would this be detailed on his death certificate, or should I attempto find the inquest details? If the latter, where might these records be held?

Colin

pippycat

Colin, The Courtney Library in Truro, Cornwall hold some Coroners Inquests - google the library name and under "using the collections" it lists some of the info they hold.
    Might be worth an email to see if they have your John Golly.

Rebecca

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by pippycat View Post
    Colin, The Courtney Library in Truro, Cornwall hold some Coroners Inquests - google the library name and under "using the collections" it lists some of the info they hold.
    Might be worth an email to see if they have your John Golly.

Rebecca
    A good idea - thanks - and will follow on

Colin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast