casperthedog

Default RONKSWOOD HOSPITAL, Worcester

I have several photographs of patients in Ronkswood taken in about 1945-48. This hospital was for servicement who had been injured and needed further hospitalisation. My father was in there for several years, he had plastic surgery and reconstruction work. Anyone interested I can pass on.

gracebell

I just found out that my husband's grandfather died there in 1944, I hadn't realised that it was for servicemen.

casperthedog

I think it was quite a large hospital and not possibly used just for servicemen. My father was in there from 1945 onwards and had numerous operations and skin grafts for a shattered leg. The photographs I have are of groups of other patients taken when my father was there. Mind you according to memories several of them used to 'escape' to the local pub, just imagine all those crutches and sticks going down the road.

man16

Default History of Worcester during WW 2

Quote Originally Posted by casperthedog View Post
    I have several photographs of patients in Ronkswood taken in about 1945-48. This hospital was for servicement who had been injured and needed further hospitalisation. My father was in there for several years, he had plastic surgery and reconstruction work. Anyone interested I can pass on.
    Hi My 10-yr old son is currently doing a school project on Worcester during the second world war. We have been looking for photos on the internet and in the archives at the new library (The Hive). We have not found any photos of Ronkswood Hospital and would welcome the chance to see any pics you have of the buildings that were there.

Many thanks.

Reputation beyond repute

We have not found any photos of Ronkswood Hospital
    The Hospital Records database shows for Worcester Royal Infirmary "Pictorial 1825 - 1960".

What does that category consist of?

casperthedog

Hi, sent a private message which I hope you received. I have some internal photos of wards in the hospital. Unfortunately my photos will have to be transferred onto my new computer on Sunday, if it works. Let me have your 'e' mail address via private message and I will forward. Regards