Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rrinfl

Hello. I don’t know my lineage very far back, but I am related to the Horne family from Edinburgh on my mother’s side. My grandfather was Hope Hunter Horne, born in Edinburgh, 11/21/1907, baptized 4/9/1908, and died in North Africa, 1/28/1944, during WWII. My grandfather had seven siblings: George, Jim, Maisie, Robert (died at age of 2 years), Grace, Jack, and Betty. My great grandfather was Hope Hunter Horne and my great grandmother was Elizabeth Keary Horne. They were married on July 16, 1901. My great great grandfather’s name was also Hope Hunter Horne and my great great grandmother was Grace Anderson Horne. Sorry I don’t have any more dates for you. If you have any names to ask about, let me know and I will ask my mother who lives close by. Good luck!

cdnsctgirl

Thanks for the information. The names, especially, are very interesting. There is a possible link to the Hunter surname (though further back in the 1700s when the family was in other areas of Scotland. I shall have to have a look at this line and see what I can find; you never know... there may be a link somewhere.

cdnsctgirl

I've got a bit more information for you.

Going back further from Hope Hunter Horne (husband of Elizabether Keary), I found that his parents were Thomas S. Horne (born c1853 in Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland) and Mary Hunter (born c1856 in Newton, Midlothian, Scotland). Mary Hunter's parents were Hope Hunter (born c1810 in Crawfordjohn, Lanarkshire, Scotland; died 1881 in Midlothian) and Grace (born c1816 in Moffat, Dumfries-shire, Scotland). I'm guessing this is the Grace Anderson you mentioned earlier. Hope Hunter's parents were James Hunter (1765-1811) and Margaret Weir (1774-1848).

Back on the Horne side, Thomas S. Horne (born c1853) was the son of John Horne (baptized 1825 in Abbotshall, Fife, Scotland) and Martha Brown (born c1824 in Penicuik, Midlothian). John Horne was the son of George Horne and Christian Blair (born c1804 in Abbotshall, Fife). Christian Blair was the daughter of John Blair and Euphemia Clark. I'm not sure who George Horne's parents were. The IGI lists a George Horn, born 1802 in Kirkcaldy, Fife, to John Horn and Janet Moyes. This is a possible match.

I'm afraid I don't see this line tying in with my Horne family now... but I hope this helps you fill out your tree a little bit more!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I don't have any information about the Horne family but if the author of the original post is interested, I have been
    researching the Caswell family and found out quite a lot. Lilian Mary Horne (born 6/11/1937)'s grandfather was Edward Paul (Ned) Caswell who was my grandmother's eldest brother.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default James Hunter 1765-1811

Quote Originally Posted by rrinfl View Post
    Hello. I don’t know my lineage very far back, but I am related to the Horne family from Edinburgh on my mother’s side. My grandfather was Hope Hunter Horne, born in Edinburgh, 11/21/1907, baptized 4/9/1908, and died in North Africa, 1/28/1944, during WWII. My grandfather had seven siblings: George, Jim, Maisie, Robert (died at age of 2 years), Grace, Jack, and Betty. My great grandfather was Hope Hunter Horne and my great grandmother was Elizabeth Keary Horne. They were married on July 16, 1901. My great great grandfather’s name was also Hope Hunter Horne and my great great grandmother was Grace Anderson Horne. Sorry I don’t have any more dates for you. If you have any names to ask about, let me know and I will ask my mother who lives close by. Good luck!
    James Hunter is my 5th great grandfather on my Dad's side. So, I suppose we're distantly related.

Adam, welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Sadly, rrinfl hasn't visited since Dec 1912. If they are still using the same email address as they registered with back then, they should get a message that someone has answered their message, and may respond. However, I suggest that you have a look around, select a suitable forum, and tell us a little about your current research targets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123