Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutley

There are quite a few entries in the Urswick parish records that may be of interest.
    John Welch and Mary Danson also had a Mary 1804, John 1811, Anne and Agnes 1810 and William 1813.
    There may be others. Anne's age is a bit out from the census but not too far to make it impossible.
    John and Mary married on 16 Nov 1799. Witnesses were Wit: John Huddlestone, Isaac Hunter, Agnes Welch.

Agnes the twin died at 4 days old but John and Mary baptised another Agnes on 27 April 1817.

I am not sure where I am going with this. If John 1811, son of John and Mary is the one in the census who also married a Marythen he is not the son of Agnes but she might be an aunt if she was a witness at his parents marriage. She would be a daughter of Thomas and Margaret of Dalton.

Famous for offering help & advice

I don't know the Wigan area well, but do know the Urswick now in Cumbria but I think formerly in that part of Lancashire on the western side of Morecambe bay. That Urswick is close to Dalton in Furness.

heyes

Mutley, I think I've got to stay for now with the birthdate around 1786 for Agness Walch based on 1841 census Brick Kiln Lane and the Agnes Welch in the four trial records. But the persistence of Agnes in your find is interesting. My grandmother Agnes Walsh (b1865) granddaughter of the 1841 John Walsh was also the ' replacement' for a dead sibling Agness and named a daughter Agnes. I don't have access to actual records of the Extracted Lancashire PRs but the index has an Agness Walsh there somewhere which you may be able to see.

McCarthy1838

Hello

Richard Howarth and Ann Welch are my second great grandparents, I am also trying to link her with John as she is at the address in 1841 with him and his family. I note Agness also and found this but can't find John with mother Agness
    Baptism: 16 Apr 1815 St John RC, Wigan, Lancashire, England
    Ann Welsh - Daughter of Agnes Welsh
    Born: 5 Apr 1815
    Godparents: Adam Catherel; Martha Ince
    Register: Baptisms 1805 - 1822, Page 174
    Source: Original register at LRO
    I have found a family in Chorley parents John & Jane and this fits with John and Ann being siblings, but then who is Agnes.

just wondering if this has been researched further please

McCarthy1838

Default Welch

Further information on Richard Howarth 1818 and Ann Welch 1816? their ages are out slightly in 1841 and Richard is a Smith(ironworks) there is another Richard & Ann in Wigan and he is a butcher. Richard is from Liverpool.

1851 they live Little London with their children. Cant find family in 1861 but I understand these records are missing. 1871 they are Hutchinson yard Scholes. Richard dies and Ann is then with her son and family. 1881 Connors yard 1891 Boyswell lane.
    thanks

McCarthy1838

Wigan. Order of filiation and maintenance of bastard son of John Hasleden of Ashton, shoemaker, and Agnes Welch, singlewoman, member of a Female Friendly Society at Wigan QSP/2606/28 1810 1 Nov

McCarthy1838

Default Agness Welch

Baptism: 16 Apr 1815 St John RC, Wigan, Lancashire, England
    Ann Welsh - Daughter of Agnes Welsh
    Born: 5 Apr 1815
    Godparents: Adam Catherel; Martha Ince
    Register: Baptisms 1805 - 1822, Page 174
    Source: Original register at LRO
    Burial: 6 Jun 1819 All Saints, Wigan, Lancashire, England
    Andrew Weltch - Son of Agnes Weltch
    Abode: Scholes
    Cause of Death: Fits
    Notes: Roman
    Register: Burials 1818 - 1824, Page 64, Entry 507
    Source: LDS Film 1885701

Hi

Could these three children born to Agnes WALSH in Wigan no father belong to you, if so could the god parents be related

Baptism: 20 Feb 1810 St John RC, Wigan, Lancashire, England
    John Walsh - Son of Agnes Walsh
    Born: 16 Feb 1810
    Godparents: John Fogg; Jane Green

Baptism: 13 Jun 1816 St John RC, Wigan, Lancashire, England
    Andrew Walsh - Son of Agnes Walsh
    Born: 3 Jun 1816
    Godparents: James Fogg; Jane Carter
    Register: Baptisms 1805 - 1822, Page 196

Baptism: 10 Feb 1819 St John RC, Wigan, Lancashire, England
    Ann Walsh - Daughter of Agnes Walsh
    Born: 20 Jan 1819
    Godparents: Peter Brannard; Jane Green
    Register: Baptisms 1805 - 1822, Page 250

Shelagh

McCarthy1838

Hi Shelagh

They could well be, it won't fit with others that are researching though. I will check out the godparents, can I ask which site you found them please and thank you so much
    kind regards Eileen

Wiganexile

This is a 'by the way' as the information you are looking for is a generation earlier.

The site wiganworld has lots of information about Wigan(ers), including the town cemeteries indexes from 1856 onwards. The index has name, age at death, address, plot number and religion, and occasionally an added note.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12