Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pottoka

Thank you all for your input.

Thomasin, I suspect you use fmp! For some reason, they have transcribed the township of Hartley as Harsley all the way through the Census, at least of 1861.

Zen Rabbit, Isabella died of an apoplexy lasing 7 hours, so I rather doubt that anyone could get a message to relatives in Cumberland and them to get back to Northumberland, unless she'd been feeling really under the weather for days beforehand. I'm afraid I don't know if her husband Richard had any siblings and, if he did, whether they were married or not.

It looks as though the bottle works was quite a big place; it would be interesting to know if there are any records of it.

I've mentioned that Richard & Isabella's son Robert disappears from the Censuses after 1851. I wondered if he went to join the army or navy - but don't know how to be sure that any of the Robert Bells in the military records are him - and married an Elizabeth when he was home on leave, thus giving me the Elizabeth Bell to look after Isabella as she expired. I shall probably never know.

May I take it then that, all things considered, this is very probably the right death certificate for 3xgreat-granny?

Mutley

I certainly cannot find anyone else that it might belong to.
    It seems that, in our hobby, elimination is just as necessary as confirmation.

pottoka

Very well put, Madame Mutley.

Many thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12