rockwriter99

Default Watkins, Kyle, Chatterton, Disney,

I am trying to make the leap over the ocean for these lines that were in Baltimore, MD and/or PA
    Thomas Kennedy/Chatteron married to Azubah, died Baltimore about 1797, sea captain sailing between England and Baltimore and possibly Barbados.
    William Disney, son of Richard Disney, born 1667 England, died 1721 Anne Arundel County, MD married to Mary Snowden.
    John Watkins, son of Thomas, born about 1621 England or Wales
    Nicholas Gassaway, born abt 1633 London married to Hester Beeson, dtr of Thomas Beeson
    John Campbell Kyle, born abt 1745. Family says born Loughagar More, West Meath, Ireland but could easily be from England married Anna Crawford in Pennsylvania

PatMcCoy

I can look in my database to see if I have any clues that might help. I can't promise anything as I'm banging my head on a similar brick wall with the PINDELL Family. There's a couple of PINDELL relatives who have GASSAWAY in their names which indicate they knew the GASSAWAY Family somewhere.

I found some relatives who spell their family name as "BESSON" and other data seem to match up with Hester.

I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by PatMcCoy; 21-12-2016 at 1:42 PM. Reason: Found spelling variation of BEESON as BESSON.

PatMcCoy

I also found this posted in Find-A-Grave:

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...687771&df=all&

PatMcCoy

Quote Originally Posted by rockwriter99 View Post
    I am trying to make the leap over the ocean for these lines that were in Baltimore, MD and/or PA
    Thomas Kennedy/Chatteron married to Azubah, died Baltimore about 1797, sea captain sailing between England and Baltimore and possibly Barbados.
    William Disney, son of Richard Disney, born 1667 England, died 1721 Anne Arundel County, MD married to Mary Snowden.
    Nicholas Gassaway, born abt 1633 London married to Hester Beeson, dtr of Thomas Beeson
    John Campbell Kyle, born abt 1745. Family says born Loughagar More, West Meath, Ireland but could easily be from England married Anna Crawford in Pennsylvania

I do have a few of these folks in my database.

PatMcCoy

Quote Originally Posted by rockwriter99 View Post
    I have the following information about Nicholas GASSAWAY:

Born March 11 1632/1633, Westminster, Greater London, England. He married Hester Ann(e) BESSON/BEESON.

The father of Nicholas GASSAWAY is Thomas GASSAWAY, Sr. (born unknown - died November 15, 1658 London, England).
    He married twice: Joanna WOOD and Ann COLLINGWOOD

Anyone else know more about the GASSAWAY Family?