Colin Rowledge

Default Is it possible for a burial - no death cert.

This may sound weird, but I have a family in the 1851 census living on Brindley St., Paddington - HO107/1466/255/11 - crown copyright TNA.

The names are James Edgcombe, age 51 a Mason, his wife Jane age 53 and their 2 sons James age 19 a Mason and John age 11 a scholar. James and Jane were supposedly born in Falmouth, Cornwall and the 2 boys in Paddington.

From London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980 are the following burials
    Jane Edgecombe [as entered on image] age 54 was buried 16 May 1852
    James Edgcombe [as entered on image] age 53 was buried 20 February 1853.

The residence for both was Brindley Street. Both ceremomies were performed by J.W. Buckley, the Perpetual Curate of Paddington Green, St. Mary.

Having checked both FMP and A. I cannot find a corresponding death registration.

The only death reg. I've found is in Falmouth R.D for a James Edgcombe 2nd q. 1854.

Do my eyes deceive me? or is there a mistranscription somewhere?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

My eyes did not deceive me - it would appear that the records were missed in the transcription. When I scroll through the appropriate indexes, they are there.

Sorry to waste your time

Colin Rowledge

Just to finish and to state that though I'm a Londoner, geography wasn't my best subject. They are transcribed.

I didn't realise that the parish of Paddington Green St. Mary and in the borough of Westminster was as far as Registration Districts was concerned, was located in Kensington.