jajacee

Default ....and yet another aussie

...though strictly not quite true. Born in Yorkshire, dragged up in Lancashire and now living in Australia for the past 20 years. Got bitten by the genealogy bug a few years ago, I love brick walls and shattering them. My main interest lies around the lancashire mining and cotton towns - Atherton, Tyldesley and Leigh, lesser interest around Leicestershire and Berkshire. I haven't even started on the Scottish and Irish twiglets yet.
    I have been known to earwig into people convo's and heard that they are interested in finding out something about their ancestors and have jumped in and offered to help them out. I love putting people on the right track. I really must get a life.
    I am a 50 something widow with 3 sons and two granddaughters, I live in a cute little heritage village (by ozzie standards) in the Wet Tropics of northern Queensland and family history is only one of my many interests. One day I am going to combine my love of history with my love of embroidery and stitch my own family tree but thats for when I'm really bored and there is nothing else to do. So thats me.

Jan

anamarja

Welcome to the forum, Jan. Wonderful to see more Aussies invading.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Jan, good to see you here.

One day I am going to combine my love of history with my love of embroidery and stitch my own family tree but thats for when I'm really bored and there is nothing else to do.
    Don't wait too long as I did & find the fingers no longer want to comply. I thought photos on patchwork would be good too. Well so it may have been.

I'm still trying to get it all straight in my files for a final print out!
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

AussieCroydon

Welcome Jan from another Aussie from cold Melbourne. I absolutely love North Queensland and have friends who live up there. My grandfather who I am trying to find out more about lived in Yorkshire. This is a great site. Cheers Jackie.

Sandra Parker

Hi Jan,
    I've been a bit of a slacko in adding my welcome. Plenty of people who'll help by fossicking around the traps and coming up with some ripper results.
    Sandra