Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BANISTER

Olivers Mum

Hello, in an idle moment I searched Banister Rye and turned up your email thread. One of Nelson's brothers, Tom, was my husbands great uncle. Tom was a Sadler by trade. He and his wife Alice, lived with his mother Caroline for a while in Seymour Place Rye (now Rope Walk) in the early 1920's before moving round the corner to Tower St. I have a picture of Caroline which I will be pleased to send you. I also have a couple of Christmas cards sent to Tom and Alice by Nelson and his wife 'Dolly'. Do let me know if they would be of interest to you.

Ron B

Quote Originally Posted by Olivers Mum View Post
    Hello, in an idle moment I searched Banister Rye and turned up your email thread. One of Nelson's brothers, Tom, was my husbands great uncle. Tom was a Sadler by trade. He and his wife Alice, lived with his mother Caroline for a while in Seymour Place Rye (now Rope Walk) in the early 1920's before moving round the corner to Tower St. I have a picture of Caroline which I will be pleased to send you. I also have a couple of Christmas cards sent to Tom and Alice by Nelson and his wife 'Dolly'. Do let me know if they would be of interest to you.
    Hello from Canada. Yes, I would very much appreciate it if you could send me a picture of my great-grandmother Caroline. I would also like to see the Christmas cards sent by my grandfather and grandmother to Tom and Alice. "Dolly" raised me after my mother contracted polio and I lived with her from age five to sixteen. I don't know if you have the equipment to sent the material electronically. If you wish to e-mail me directly, I'm at banister AT mts DOT net
    Thank-you so much for this. If there is anything I can do for you from this end, let me know.
    Merry Christmas,
    Ron Banister
    Last edited by Jan1954; 21-12-2012 at 6:29 AM. Reason: Email address edited to try to foil spammers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234