Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HUGHES/ ROBSON

Hi
    The only birth registration for an Elizabeth Hughes in Lambeth registration district Jan 1869 - Dec 1870 is registered in the September 1/4 1869 vol 1d page 295. The GRO index has the mother's maiden name Flowers.
    There are no births in the time frame indicating the mother was an unmarried Hughes. So if this is your Sarah was she pretending to be married to a Hughes?There is a marriage on FreeBMD June 1/4 1869 Islington with a John Hughes and a Mary Ann Flower on the same page . Whether they married each other would have to be looked at in the census.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Flint Street St Mary's Southwark
    Sarah Hughes 21 charwoman Widow Lambeth
    Elizabeth 1 daughter Lambeth

Living at the same address
    John Dudley 67 General dealer Clerkenwell
    Francis Dudley 61 St. margaret's
    Margaret 17 daughter servant Southwark
    Joseph son 12 Southwark.

These children seem to young to be the children of Francis age 61 but I read the original image as 67 and 61.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

A fountain of knowledge

CHRISTINA

Sincere apologies for the delay in thanking you so much for the information in yours 21 & 22 which is much appreciated.
    I confess I hadn't picked up on the census saying Sarah Hughes was a Widow as on the Workhouse form the birth of her
    daughter says "Sarah and unknown" -

HUGHES/ROBSON/CLAYTON

In mine No. 17 I refer to trying to find death/burial of my relative Hannah Hughes who married Thomas Robson and it being too
    difficult to do this in view of the number of Robson families. My thoughts therefore turned to one of their daughters ANNIE ROBSON
    having seen the posting of a photo of "Arthur and Annie" with the same birth date for that Annie as mine. I'm working on this and have a marriage for my ANNIE ROBSON and death but am holding off ordering certificates as I was given a possible death for Hannah with the only info that she is down as a Widow of Thomas but having found burial details it's not my Hannah. Therefore I have ANNIE ROBSON born 1887 Lamesley Durham, marrying ARTHUR CLAYTON in Q4 1909 Durham and death Q2 1958 Sedgefield. To try to avoid the wrong person ref the possible death of her mother Hannah, I am trying to find an Obituary and last known address - both of which are seemingly impossible. In the 1939 Register she was at Thorpe Larches, Sedgefield, Durham.

So .... if anyone recognises these names I'd love to hear from you.
    with thanks
    Jill
    MODERATOR If possible please could the title of this posting be changed to HUGHES/ROBSON and moved from the welsh site.

A fountain of knowledge

PS ANNIE CLAYTON The possible death has age 71

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

MODERATOR If possible please could the title of this posting be changed to HUGHES/ROBSON and moved from the welsh site.
    Done.
    Moved to General Family History Queries. If you want it to go to a specific forum, you will have to say which one.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks very much PAM for altering the heading and so promptly too! Will leave moving it for now.
    Jill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123