Thread: Canada 1953

Maki2000

Default Canada 1953

I have a familiy member who emigrated to Canada 1953 they sailed from Southampton on the 29th April to Quebec how do I go about tracing them.

BeeJay

That could be difficult because of our privacy laws - most records that recent aren't available.

Do you have any idea where they lived in Canada? If they had an unusual name/names you may be able to find cemetery records, obituaries or city directory listings (current ones can be searched online at Canada411).

If you think they may still be living you could send me their names by private message and I'll have a look for them.

CanadianCousin

My family came to Canada from England in September of 1953, on the "Georgic". I was able to find the passenger list on one of the subsciption sites (probably Ancestry, although I'm not 100% certain). However, we sailed from Southampton to New York, then took a train to Montreal and on to Vancouver, so perhaps that's why the passenger list was available.

HTH -

Tim

David Benson

FMP has passenger lists for 1953 of ships that sailed to Canada from England. Just put in the name, select Southampton and Quebec and you will probably find them.