sigh* for their own sake I wish folk would check their info. I have a tree on Anc. and of course I get notification when someone downloads info from my tree. Being the curious sort I follow it up to see if they are a relative who may have more info or to whom I can off more info and to see if they were on the right track. Recently someone (no names no packdrill) downloaded a whole bunch of info from my tree so I had a look and discovered that they had back tracked from an ancestor born 1813 who had died in Stafford in 1852. However according to their tree he had died in Ontario in 1847. Obviously not the same person but may be a cousin as they had him born in Stafford. Well a bit of searching through my dead relative files (as my wife calls them) failed to turn up a suitable match for them. So I had a closer look at their tree and discovered that they also had him married to a different woman in Northampton in 1843. Well it didn't take me long to discover their ancestor in the 1841 census born in county (Northampton) right age and everything, miles away from Stafford. So someone has a whole bunch of photos, will transcripts and stories attached to parents and siblings who are nothing to do with their ancestor. We all make errors but yoiu would think that someone would check the facts on the linking ancestor before they went and sprinted off down the wrong path. Curiously for the ancestor in question I have a quite a bit of info on them (apprentice records, marriage certs (to different wife), death cert. etc. which they have not touched which makes me suspect a blatant disregard for the facts. It doesn't bother me but they are only fooling themselves.