Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mutley

Geirgg, I am going to move this thread to the Irish Forum.

I cannot see sight nor sound of Joshua so you maybe right and he did not leave Ireland.

I think you probably need help from members more used to searching Irish Records.

Good Luck

Geirgg

Ok. I guess that makes sense - I am very new to this:-)

Thanks
    Geir

Quote Originally Posted by Geirgg View Post
    Hi,

I think the correct birth is 1839, since on the marriage cerificate that I purchased he is 26 in 1865 (I think his age must be wrong in the 1881 census). It is also a catholic wedding, so I am not sure the George you have found is my George.
    Thanks
    Geir
    The letter you have is worded in a particular way ie "thought to be protestant" Not "is Protestant" This terminlogy is used twice. If the person supporting George's application for a property subsidy knew him well then they may have been trying to give information that the recipient of the letter wanted.

Or it may be that Catherine was the Catholic and so the marriage took place in the Catholic church which did happen.

Geirgg

Hi again,

Where did you say this letter could be seen? I have tried to search ancestry.

Thanks again
    Geir

Hi
    It is on a public tree on ancestry, which I thought could be your tree but evidently not.
    I will see if I can find it again.
    Having all sorts of trouble locating it again. I did not imagine it!

janbooth

This could be a total red herring, but given the Liverpool connection there is a burial record on Ancestry of a Joshua MACDONALD on 8 April 1865 at Walton, Liverpool, Midghall Street, aged 51 or perhaps 56. As the marriage of Catherine & George took place in the September qtr 1865, this would fit in with your Joshua being deceased at the time of their marriage.

Janet

Ok found it. ancestry seems to be quirky about which person's name will bring up some info.

I used Ann McDonald, birthdate 1866, England, Lancashire. The tree owner is Greni 2012-02-19x

Geirgg

Hi,

That is my tree. I must have saved it to my tree at some point (can't remember doing it at all). No idea if it is correct though.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks
    Geir

Geirgg

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. I just found him on Ancestry, but how can you see the adress? Also if I purchase the death certificate, what sort of information will it contain? Anything that might connect him to George or his profession as weaver?

Thank you very much!

All the best
    Geir

Jan1954

For information that you should find on a death certificate, please have a look here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast