Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by pennydog View Post
    To help with a time factor and a location

Nancy Simpson married Michael V Blackburne Sept qtr 1929 Manchester North 8d 1557.

Sezzle,
    Do you know the names of Nancy and Lillian's parents?
    Not sure whether this will help or hinder, but in Manchester North there are 2 possible marriages for Lillian:

1933 - Oct-Dec. - vol 8d Page 944 - spouse John Gibbons

1935 - Jul-Sep. - vol 8d Page 1591 - spouse Joseph Flynn

Reputation beyond repute

No names no pack drill

1. Find out the sister's married name. This is a straightforward family history job. If you don't know how to do it, please ask.

2. Search for the death of a child where the circumstances fit what you know.

3. Starting from the death, work backwards to the birth.

Colin Rowledge

Sorry folks, but you are getting dangerously close to violating the Adoption rules of the forum. Please be careful about the details you give.
    Sorry about that

Colin

sezzle

Sorry folks, but you are getting dangerously close to violating the Adoption rules of the forum. Please be careful about the details you give.
    Sorry, im trying to find the Adoption rules so i can see what i can and cant put, can you point me to them.

As for the parents, nope i have no idea, i have an approximate year of birth for Lillian but thats if its the right Lillian at all
    I would ask family but they say "oh i'll give xxx a ring and see" but then they forget and i get moaned at for mithering

maybe i'll search out the married Lillian Simpsons posted above and see if they throw anything up

thanks all, didnt want to get anyone into trouble x

Quote Originally Posted by sezzle View Post
    Sorry, im trying to find the Adoption rules so i can see what i can and cant put, can you point me to them.
    The Terms of Service of British-Genealogy prohibit posting details of living people. In addition the Adoption Forum stipulates that adoption queries post 1911 will not be accepted. A recent poster on this General Queries Forum asked permission to pose a general question about more recent adoption procedure, but this should not be taken as permission to post specific adoption queries here. However, I think Peter has given you some very good pointers as to how you should proceed. Failing that, do read some of the 'stickies' at the top of the Adoption Forum.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

sezzle

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    The Terms of Service of British-Genealogy prohibit posting details of living people. In addition the Adoption Forum stipulates that adoption queries post 1911 will not be accepted. A recent poster on this General Queries Forum asked permission to pose a general question about more recent adoption procedure, but this should not be taken as permission to post specific adoption queries here. However, I think Peter has given you some very good pointers as to how you should proceed. Failing that, do read some of the 'stickies' at the top of the Adoption Forum.
    ah i thought with the child and her parents being deceased (child died as a baby) that it may have been ok? none of the details posted are of living people
    i didnt realise there was an actual adoption forum (still quite new), also i didnt actually ask for so much information i asked if it was likely it would have been a legal adoption or a case of her sister saying she was the birth mother, just the thread kind of ran away with itself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sezzle View Post
    also i didnt actually ask for so much information i asked if it was likely it would have been a legal adoption or a case of her sister saying she was the birth mother, just the thread kind of ran away with itself.
    We realise that sezzle, which is why the warning post began "Sorry, folks", ie it was addressed to those who in their enthusiasm to help might be in danger of posting information about living people. Thank you for confirming that all those involved in this case are deceased.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

sezzle

Hi again everyone,
    Just thought i would update and say thanks to you all.
    I found the childs death record (and grave), but theres no actual birth record for her that i can find for her name or with either of the sisters as mothers

sezzle

Default Missing birth record

I posted a few weeks ago about a child who was adopted by my great aunt but who was believed to be the illigitimate child of my great gran.

I have found her death record which gave me the birth year (1945), but there is no birth record
    I have found her buriel record (shes with my great great grandad) and found the grave but theres no stone on the grave

im not sure now how to look for her birth record, and im not sure what i can put on this thread namewise (none of them are living, the child died when she was 3)
    My great Aunt adopted another child but he died (in adulthood) so i havent got anyone to ask

any suggestions?

jac65

Hi

Have you checked births in 1944? A child dying in 1948 age 3 could be born in 1944 depending upon their birthday and the date of death.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast