MICKEYSKY

Question THE SMITHIES FROM SADDLEWORTH

Hi
    is there anyone looking for the smithies from saddleworth?
    ann smithies born 1771 married isacc smithies 1798. there children are:
    abraham born 1798
    james born 1801
    Mary born 1811
    isacc born 1814
    josiah 1831

they are lived at Starting Chair saddleworth from 1797-1888. Love to hear if anyone as any info on them.

Colin Rowledge

Personally, I don't think Josiah is the son - more likely grand son. Ann would be 60 at the birth.

Colin

Mutley

Hello Mickeysky,
    What exactly are you looking for?

If you just want to make contact with other people researching the family, it is best to post a thread on the Surname Interests Board.

If you want to ask specific questions then it is fine here but we need to know what information you have and what you want us to look for.
    I can see a marriage for Josiah in 1854 to either Nancy Buckley or Sarah Ann Carter. Is this the type of information you require?

MICKEYSKY

Hi mutt
    i was looking for anyone else looking for the same family
    thank you for your help
    mickey

MICKEYSKY

hi colin
    yeah i think maybe mary was the mother, ive got Josiah marrage cert no fathers name.
    thank you for your help
    mickey

flake

Ann Smithies was my great Grandmother x4, and Josiah was my great great Grandfather. I have lots of history and still live nearby Starting Chair, and more importantly I am a Smithies

Mutley

Wow!
    Welcome to the forum flake.

It may be worth you sending Mickey a Private Message. Click on his user name. The system will generate an email to him.

Good Luck

steve18

Default Looking for Josiah Smithies FATHER.

Quote Originally Posted by flake View Post
    Ann Smithies was my great Grandmother x4, and Josiah was my great great Grandfather. I have lots of history and still live nearby Starting Chair, and more importantly I am a Smithies
    Hi Josiah Smithies was also my great great Grandfather.Do you know who his Father was?
    I am also a Smithies