Thread: i'm stuck

Alicat

Default i'm stuck

I can find lots of info on the other branches of my family tree but the one I'm most interested in is the hardest and I'm kinda stuck. For one person I have found 4 spellings on official documents LOL I'm looking for Thomas Caveney born in Ireland the 1901 census has him born 1878 in Ireland the 1911 census has him born 1880 in Roscommon Ireland and the death certificate 1876 using the spelling Kavaney which is the current spelling of this line as its my surname. He had children with Kate Fletcher called Kate Kavaney and Elizabeth Caveney not sure if they had more and can't find marriage details either. Kate the daughter is the mother of my granddad who is the only one of her children to use her maiden name...

If anyone could point me in the direction of where I should be looking that'd be fantastic, if you find him on earlier census or somewhere please let me know how it was done as I'm more interested in the method really because I want to be able to find the next generation. Thanks for your time just reading this, I appreciate it x

Alicat

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i.../nai003851120/ I've found these caveneys in roscommon... the only ones so must surely be related?...

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
    He had children with Kate Fletcher called Kate Kavaney and Elizabeth Caveney not sure if they had more and can't find marriage details either.
    Is this his marriage?

Marriage Dec 1898 North Witchford 3B 1360
    COVENEY, Thomas
    FLETCHER, Kate

Alicat

omg yes! north witchford is where my granddad is registered as being born! how did you find that? i've been looking for days. thanks so so so much! another dodgy spelling lol no wonder nobody can spell it these days either I just answer to anything as long as it sounds remotely correct lol easier than correcting all the time. thanks x

Brick wall demolition expert!

how did you find that? i've been looking for days.
    In FreeBMD I typed in Kate FLETCHER. For the spouse I included the first name Thomas, leaving his surname blank.

I've found these caveneys in roscommon... the only ones so must surely be related?...
    There are also a few KAVENEYs in the 1901 census in Roscommon. Also KEAVENAY. Also CAVENY.

This was from entering this expression in the surname box --> k*v*n*y
    And also trying this --> c*v*n*y

Note: The above brings up a number of variations and I haven't figured out an optimum search expression yet.

I think you need that marriage certificate.

Alicat

I forgot about freeBMD i was using ancestry and it found zilch, will go nosey now thanks so much.