Knowledgeable and helpful

Red face John Duffy from Tullamore

I hope I am posting this on the right forum.

I have made a recent post about William James Duffy and perhaps a moderator could link them if it is appropriate.

John Duffy was a catholic from Tullamore in Ireland born c1841. His parents names given at his marriage were James Duffy and his mother's maiden name was Flinn. He joined the army, married a Welsh girl and they lived in Scotland until her death in 1881. I believe John Duffy then returned to Tullamore with their young son William James.

After this I am not familiar with Irish genealogy and wondered if anyone can shed any light?

I believe I have found John Duffy's death on 18th March1887 at Henry Street. He is the right age and was recorded as an army pensioner. The informant was Bridget Duffy widow, perhaps a second wife. I found an appropriate marriage in Tullamore in 1884.
    So far so good. I found a birth of a John Duffy also born in Henry Street on 5th Jan 1886. His father John Duffy a cordwiner, mother Bridget Duffy formerly Booth.
    I did also find an 1901 census at Henry Street, Tullamore of an Anne Boothe with her two grandsons John Duffy aged 15 and Joseph Duffy aged 12.

I am not sure how this all relates and and I wondered can any one help me with any suggestions? Are there any other census in Ireland?
    With many thanks ELMA

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Elma View Post
    I hope I am posting this on the right forum.
    Just slid it over to County Offaly, a.k.a. Kings County.

Also, you can read what happened to the other Irish censuses here.