Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LilyAllenFan86

Default Francis 'Frank' Cornelius Chivers

Hello I am looking for any information about this man Francis Cornelius Chivers from info I have found online he is supposedly born in Drybrook, Gloucestershire on April 7th 1909 and died in a mining accident at the Barnborough Main Collery, Yorkshire.
    He was a professional footballer who played for Barnsley, Huddersfield Town & Blackburn Rovers and played as a striker.
    From the little I have been able to find his mother may have been a Lillian Brain but can find no evidence of this, what I am really interested in is his parentage I can not find him in the 1911 census or a birth record or even a marriage for his parents, As a lifelong football supporter the prospect of being related to a footballer is rather exciting, so any help that can be shared with me will be greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards
    Beth

Francis Cornelius Chivers birth registered December quarter 1909 Westbury on Severn RD Vol 6a page 263

You can order his birth certificate here which will give you his parentage
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Probably him in 1911 RG14/ED25/Piece28181 53 Nora St Goldthorpe Rotherham
    John E CHIVERS 30 Collier b Gloucestershire Nail Bridge
    Lilly 25 wife b London
    Gladys 8
    Evelyn 7
    Sidney 4
    Francis 2
    Children all born Gloucestershire Nail Bridge
    + Horrace CHIVERS 20 single boarder collier b Nail Bridge
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Mutley

Chasing John (Francis father) back through the census it seems as if his parents may have been Eli and Emma.
    1901 - RG13/2419, Folio 62, Page 7
    1891 - RG13/2004, Folio 83, Page 12
    1881 RG10/2521, Folio 95, Page 11

(records held by TNA, Crown copyright)

There is a marriage for a John Edward Chivers to Lily Elizabeth Compton, Apr-May-Jun 1904 at Westbury on Severn.

Hollytree

Francis Cornelius CHIVERS bp 17 Oct 1909 at Drybrook, Glos s/o Edward John & Lily Elizabeth, abode Nailbridge

You can find this: forest-of-dean.net/ (put www etc in front) have to register (free)

Anne

Robbo67Sa

Default Francis Cornelius Chivers...

Frank Chivers is my late grandfather. I have loads of photos and letters that were handed down to me of his playing days and there is a 2 minute video on British Pathe of him playing for Barnsley in '36. What is your connection to him? Cheers Rob Chivers-Durban, South Africa...

gretawilkie

Frank Chivers was my late mothers cousin. Franks father John Edward Chivers was brother to my grandfather Horace Chivers, my mother Constance was the second daughter of Horace Chivers. I have been researching the Chivers for going on twenty years and have a fair amount of info including a photo from The Topical Times of Frank Chivers in Blackburn Rovers kit, I have often spoken about him with his sister Vera Chivers Proberts and his late sister Gladys, I have photos of the family, i'm sure you have also Rob, however I can send some to you if you don't. I've been aware of a son of Frank that lived in Blackpool I believe, is he your dad? this is the first time I have found this site and it's great to see your message

Debz61

Hi. I am Robs sister, Debby and remember going to visit Aunty Vera - does she have a daughter Jill? How old is she now? Our dad was John and Frank was His brother and passed away recently. Would love to find out more about the family.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Debz61
    I am not related or researching your family, but just to say what a great story and I can see that it is going to come to a great end, the way most of us would like but seldom achieve, I will be watching this post until it comes to a happy ending.

Robert

gretawilkie

This is the correct family, the Horrace mentioned is my maternal Grandfather and it is Horace Chivers, I have info on the Chivers family including Australian relatives, glad to pass on info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast