Thread: hi

speaky3

Default hi

I have been trying to trace my mothers family for around 3 years but not got that far as the surnames are Davies and Jones and Wales is the primary area of search

Starting to feel at home

Hi Speaky and welcome; like you, have a few Davieses and loads of Joneses (mustn't forget the Robertses, Owens, Evanses, Parrys etc).Dates and places will I'm sure open the floodgates of help to be found here on Brit-Gen. Look forward to being of help like everyone else; happy hunting!
    Godo

Christinad

Hi,

I know a Dave Davies in England. We are both a part of a huge family with links to India, Burma.

DorothySandra

Ah the Welsh! And it's not just the surnames: in my family (Griffiths, Jones, Parry) they used the same Christian name for siblings as well: William John, William Alfred.
    The English ones weren't much better, (Mary Jan, Mary Ann) and they had an annoying habit of marrying women with the same name as their mother (3 generations of William and Mary, and their relations, Jonathan & Mary)

I'm sure the helpful people on this site will be of enormous use to you, as well as providing moral support when the going gets sticky.