Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Movley

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Although on the census place of birth says Crowle,Lincolnshire, this looks a possible!

MOVLEY, Oscar Ellis
    Registration district Thorne . . .
    Crowle was in the Thorne registration district, so that would fit very nicely.

see https://www.
    ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/thorne.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Although on the census place of birth says Crowle,Lincolnshire, this looks a possible!

MOVLEY, Oscar Ellis
    Registration district Thorne
    County: Yorkshire
    Year of registration: 1857
    Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar

Volume no: 9C
    Page no :483
    Spot on. Thorne Registration District actually included Crowle in Lincolnshire at that time
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

1861 census: RG 9; Piece: 3526; Folio: 22; Page: 15 (original TNA Crown copyright)
    High Street, Crowle
    William MOVLEY 57 saddler & harness maker b Lincolnshire, Morton
    Harriet wife 35 b Hull
    Oscar E 4
    Rosa 2
    Mary H 11 months
    Children all born Crowle

William MOVLEY married Harriott SHORES March qtr 1856 Howden RD vol 9d page 159
    Sue Mackay

Terry59

Thank you all so much, I could not find Oscar on the 1881 census and did not think I would find out anything about him. Special thanks to Sue Mackay for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
    Thank you all so much, I could not find Oscar on the 1881 census and did not think I would find out anything about him. Special thanks to Sue MaCkay for all your hard work.
    You're welcome. If you have access to Ancestry either at home or in your library there is what looks like a well researched public tree for the family. It confirms what I suspected when I posted the 1861 census entry. Harriet was William MOVLEY's second wife and her full name was apparently Harriet Waite SHORES. The marriage took place in Howden on 14 February 1856 - very romantic William's first wife had a much more common name - Elizabeth SMITH!
    Sue Mackay

Movley

Hello Terry
    Oscar was my gt gt uncle. I have traced the Movley family back to 1603 and have a good deal of information which I am very happy to share. Part of my tree is on Ancestry but I have a lot more information still to upload. I have been researching the Movley line for 20 years now and it is always a joy to find new links. Great to see the work Sue has done with the census and yes indeed they were from Crowle. Please get in touch and I will email you some information. My email is fiona AT elevateonline DOT co DOT uk
    Very best wishes Fiona Movley
    Last edited by Jan1954; 29-03-2012 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Email address edited to try to deter spammers, who sweep forums in a malicious manner, trying to harvest email addresses...

Quote Originally Posted by Movley View Post
    Hello Terry
    Oscar was my gt gt uncle. I have traced the Movley family back to 1603 and have a good deal of information which I am very happy to share. Part of my tree is on Ancestry but I have a lot more information still to upload. I have been researching the Movley line for 20 years now and it is always a joy to find new links. Great to see the work Sue has done with the census and yes indeed they were from Crowle.
    Hallo Fiona and welcome to B-G. I love it when this site brings families together. I do hope now that you are here you will have a good look round and perhaps find something of interest with your other lines of research.
    Sue Mackay

I have changed the spelling in the title of this thread from Movely to Movley. It was probably a typo in the first place and it might help people searching for the surname.
    Sue Mackay

Cole190506

Terry59,

I'm trying to track down direct descedants of players who played in the England team versus Other Nationalities at Wigan on 1st Jan 1906.
    William Eagers was one of those players, who played alongside my great grandfather. What I'm trying to determine is if there was a team photo taken on that day and does anyone have a copy that they would be prepared to scan for me. I haven't had any luck so far, but can you help or put me in contact with another relative who may be able to?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast