linmar

Default SHAMBROOK .Sandon Hertfordshire.

The Shambrook families from Sandon were my ancestors, I have quite a bit of info on them ,but am stuck on one particular generation. My great, great, Grandfather,Henry Shambrook, married to Elizabeth Trigg.... I am searching for HIS parents. I have found several different options on various sites,but none of the dates fit. Can anyone help me?Henry was born 1804/05 in Wallington,Herts.Elizabeth was born at Baldock, I think.

Lizzy9

The igi has this baptism.

Henry Shambrook, 20 MAY 1804, Wallington, Hertford, England, parents: David and Ann

Lizzy9

Other children christened at Wallington with parents David and Ann

James 11th Sept 1808, John 16 Feb 1794, Thomas 01 Dec 1811, Mary 29 Apr 1792, Elizabeth 26 Jun 1796,
    Phoebe 01 Nov 1801, Maria 30 Jun 1799.

Lizzy9

A possible marriage.

David Shambrook to Ann Edwards, 30 MAY 1790, Little Berkhampstead, Hertford.

janbooth

Herts County Council HALS Database confirms the marriage of David SHAMBROOK & Ann EDWARDS at Little Berkhamstead on 30 May 1790. Also the banns of Henry SHAMBROOK & Elizabeth TRIGG of Baldock at Sandon on 1 May 1827 and their marriage on 5 June 1827 at Baldock, Henry being shown as of Sandon . Details of both marriages can be purchased from the site if required.

David & Ann SHAMBROOK are still alive in the 1841 census of Wallington (HO107/446/15, folio 4, page 2) aged 80 and 70 respectively, both born in the county, David being an Ag Lab together with a William SHAMBROOK aged 45 who is presumably their son.

Janet

Census records courtesy TNA

Coromandel

The name Shambrook is registered with the Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS). There isn't a linked profile page on the GOONS website but there is a mention of a Mr Shambrook who belonged to GOONS in 2002 on this page:

https://
    wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=oregon1847&id=I338

There's a postal address and e-mail address for him. These details are a decade old now . . . if the e-mail bounces you could always try snail mail (192.com suggests the chap is still at the same address).

linmar

THANKYOU TO ALL .