KARENLYNN

Cool John Steward or Jerry Elizabeth

I am stuck on finding out about my great grandparents. I know for sure that Elizabeth Jerry was from Tilney All Saints. She was also married here. Her and John came over to America around 1835 but that is all I have on them. Any help on this matter would be great. I have been looking for information on them for around 5 years now and not getting anywhere.
    Thanks
    Karen Steward

Geoffers

Have a look at this thread on One place and One names studies in West Norfolk, Sally may be able to help your research.

Your family are likely to have emigrated with assistance provided by the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834, records relating to this can be very informative and are held at The National Archives in Document Class MH12.

Nicolina

You do not give any idea of dates so it is a little difficult.
    There was an Elizabeth JERRY christened in Tilney All Saints, on 26th February 1774, daughter of Robert and Margaret.
    Also one at Tilney Cum Islington in 1804, the daughter of William and Mary nee LANGHORN.

sally

Hi Karen

I had a look at Tilney All Saints marriages but no sign of them. After a bit of searching I came up with this.
    John STEWARD & Elizabeth JERRY married 16th Dec 1830 at Terrington St.Clements.

I have emailed a chap who has done a lot of research on STEWARD/JERRY to see if he can help with any other information and will let you know if he can.

Regards
    Sally

chrisann

Hello Karen, I am a Steward, my family came from Stafford Bayton Shropshire. Where is your John from? chris

Beryl DeFrank

My Jerry ancestors were from Runcton, Norfolk, my great great grandfather was Joseph Jerry born 1839. I'm sure we must have a connection somehow but your great grandparents will be difficult to trace as they left England in 1835.

Beryl