minack

Red face Parish Look-up please

Hi everyone,

Could SKS have a look at St Marys's Shrewsbury for the baptism record of Margaret Garret (possibly Gerrard) on the 4th April, 1714. The parents should be John and Margaret.

I think it is the parents burial records on the 24th September 1724 (John) followed by Margaret senior in January 1727 - same parish.

I really would appreciate your help.

Regards

minack

Reputation beyond repute

Have you looked in GenUKI?

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/SAL...ary/index.html

Follow the link to the "transcription of the Parish Registers for Albrighton (St. Mary's, Shrewsbury)". Albrighton was a chapelry within the parish of St Mary.

minack

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply, yes I have seen these records, in fact that is where my information came from. I was hoping to circumvent a trip to Shropshire to look at microfiche by confirming with the registers. Think I am being a bit lazy.

Regards

minack

Reputation beyond repute

Because you asked about St Mary Shrewsbury and not Albrighton and hadn't mentioned the possible alternative name of Hannah, I had assumed that you hadn't seen the GenUKI data.

I agree that you would want to check the original. Perhaps Shropshire Archives has got a photocopying service.