Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Findmypast has the original parish records for Anglesey Churches, and you won't be surprised to learn that there are comparative few Thompson records - for instance only 72 baptisms.

It is well worth exploring those records to see if they can unblock any barriers.

The 1853 baptism for Catherine is in Llaneilian Church which is the next parish to Amlwch and its very common for the 2 places to appear in the same families.

moli23

that's the one, family of Llys Uchaf LLanwenllwyfo

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Thompson & Rowland origins

Hello Janet. Thank you for the reply. I'd like to swap details with you on the family of Rowland Morgan if you are happy to do so. This does not really relate to this thread so you may like to email me directly.
    Alan alanjamATsenetDOTcomDOTau
    Last edited by christanel; 11-01-2016 at 8:35 PM. Reason: emial address disguised to deter spam

moli23

Hi Alan what do you know of Rowland Morgans?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Ancesters of Ellin Thompson nee Rowlands

Quote Originally Posted by moli23 View Post
    Hi Alan what do you know of Rowland Morgans?
    Hello moli23
    As I have it, Rowland Morgan 1732 - 1801 of Plas Uchaf, Lannwenllwyfo married Jane Thomas 17/1/1753 at Llandegfan. They had a large family, all of whom took the surname Rowlands. I've not found any of their baptisms because the early register for Llanwenllwyfo is not readily available or not extant. Apparently the children are named in "Pedigrees of Anglesey, ..." or so I was advised 15 years ago by one Aled Jones-Williams of Holyhead. The book is out of copyright but I can't find it on the net so need to get to London sometime. Anyway 2 of the children were Owen Rowlands who married Catherine Pritchard and Elin Rowlands who married Thompson. Do you have further information?
    Thank you
    Alan

moli23

Hi Alan,
    this is the pedigree... https://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...erf&id=I052670

I can only get a paper trail to William Prees, his will is on the National Library of Wales database, along with Rowland Morgans and other members of this family, I can send you links to all the wills if you like... also, heres another link..

https://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...erf&id=I052670

moli23

Hi Alan,

I can only get a paper trail to William Prees (Prys) d1730, his will is on the National Library of Wales database, along with Rowland Morgans 1726-1801 and other members of this family, I can send you links to all the wills if you like...
    Jane Thomas 1730-1795 was the daughter Of Thomas Jones d1742 and Ann Owen 1696-1763 of Trewyn LLanfihangel Tre'r Beirdd..
    Thomas was the son of John Evans d1715 and Catherine Edmond 1644-1744 of Trewyn, and believed to have come from Llanwnda...

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Rowland Morgans

Wow. Thanks Moli23. This lot will keep me busy for some time. It's a pity that the pedigree lacks dates and sources - I see ar least one error in it. Even so it opens up a whole ancestry not trackable through parish registers. My email is alanjamATsenetDOTcomDOTau should you find more of mutual interest.
    regards Alan

Quote Originally Posted by moli23 View Post
    Hi Alan,

I can only get a paper trail to William Prees (Prys) d1730, his will is on the National Library of Wales database, along with Rowland Morgans 1726-1801 and other members of this family, I can send you links to all the wills if you like...
    Jane Thomas 1730-1795 was the daughter Of Thomas Jones d1742 and Ann Owen 1696-1763 of Trewyn LLanfihangel Tre'r Beirdd..
    Thomas was the son of John Evans d1715 and Catherine Edmond 1644-1744 of Trewyn, and believed to have come from Llanwnda...
    Last edited by christanel; 14-01-2016 at 8:38 PM. Reason: email disguised to deter spam

moli23

Ann Owen was the dau of Owen cadwalader and Jane vch Hugh possibly of wern llanddona...I will send links to the wills later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12