Moya

Default Pattinson Carlisle

John Pattinson was born 1816 baptised St. Mary's Carlisle. Father may have been Joseph. Mother was Margaret, she was widowed and remarried to Daniel Sim in 1825 at St Mary's. Are there any church records that could be checked to find the original marriage of Joseph and Margaret about 1812, to find her maiden name. Any help would be apprecaited. Moya

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Moya View Post
    John Pattinson was born 1816 baptised St. Mary's Carlisle. Father may have been Joseph. Mother was Margaret, she was widowed and remarried to Daniel Sim in 1825 at St Mary's. Are there any church records that could be checked to find the original marriage of Joseph and Margaret about 1812, to find her maiden name. Any help would be apprecaited. Moya
    As all the religious rites took place at St. Mary's church in Carlisle, have you looked at a parish register film via the LDS church?

Moya

Not yet, thought I'd try this forum first. Moya

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Moya View Post
    Not yet, thought I'd try this forum first. Moya
    It has been a while since I pored over films of parish churches in Whitehaven & Flimby at that time, but the name Pattinson is not uncommon in that area as well. Is there a Family History Centre near you? Or you could try 'familysearch.org' online.

Lizzy9

Have you considered this marriage?

Joseph Pattinson/Margaret Tiffin, 27th Jun 1814, Dearham Cumberland.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post
    Have you considered this marriage?

Joseph Pattinson/Margaret Tiffin, 27th Jun 1814, Dearham Cumberland.
    Sounds good...found one about 10+ yrs later in Carlisle so that was too late

Moya

Did see the Joseph Pattinson/Margaret Tiffin mariage in Dearham. Thought it might be a possibility but I am not familiar with Cumberland towns so didn't know if Dearham was anywhere near Carlisle. Also Margaret came from Brough in Westmorland, but couldn't see any marriages in that Countyaround 1812. Moya

Moya

I have just searched the Dearham records on a Cumberland genealogy site. Found the marriage of Joseph & Margaret Tiffin, also found baptisms for their children, one of whom was born in 1826, this is definitely not the couple I am searching for.Moya

Jopattinson

Some possible leads.

Margaret Compston married Joseph Pattinson, 27/01/1806, St Andrew, Penrith, Cumberland [IGI]

Margaret Pattinson married Daniel Sim, St Mary, Carlisle, Cumberland 05/06/1825. [IGI]

A ‘Margaret Sim’ is recorded having died 16/03/1861 aged 81. Buried a St Bridget’s Church, Brigham, Cockermouth, Cumbria. Her daughter Elisabeth Pattinson married Jonathan Cooper.