chesil

Default Alfred Latimer Hooper and Anna Beatrice Hines

Looking for info for Alfred Latimer Hooper and Anna Beatrice Hines.

Understand they lived in Bury St Edmunds (1911 Census). Family living in Botanic House.
    Alfred working in Lesser Subscription Gardens.

Any info much appreciated.

Reputation beyond repute

It would probably be as well to make a start by looking at the 1911 census entry. You can access it free of charge at your local library

The National Archives; RG 14/10621 schedule 327

Not really. The occupation is Lessee, Subscription Garden and he's down as Employer.

Other than that, what info are you looking for?

chesil

Thankyou for your reply. I am really interested in Ann Beatrice Hooper nee Hines who was my great aunt. I would like to be able to find out what became of her and her two daughters,
    Regards

Reputation beyond repute

I would like to be able to find out what became of her and her two daughters
    Search the GRO indexes and obtain certificates where appropriate. Also check probate calendar (bearing in mind that Ancestry only have partial coverage).

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by chesil View Post
    Looking for info for Alfred Latimer Hooper and Anna Beatrice Hines.

Understand they lived in Bury St Edmunds (1911 Census). Family living in Botanic House.

Any info much appreciated.
    Marriage Stella Hooper-Charles W G Wright-Bury St E-1918

Could the Marjorie Hooper travelling alone from from New York to Southampton in 1954 ..brn abt 1895 be your Marjorie? Adress in UK noted as Wolverhampton.

janbooth

There is a death registration on the GRO of an Anna B HOOPER in the June qtr 1939 at Sudbury reg district, aged 71 - could this be your Anna Beatrice?

Janet

Ladyshippers

Hi
    I hope you will come back to this thread as I have the people you are looking for, i my family tree, as they are related to my husband. I believe you are interested in finding out about Alfred And Anna's daughters. Marjorie Hooper married Hattil H Foll in 1923 and at some point they moved to Sussex. Actually it may only have been Marjorie who moved there. She lived in Groombridge and my sister-in-law remembers her very well and the visits to her home. My late father-in-law was Marjorie's cousin, through her father's family.

I'm afraid that Marjorie died some time ago, in 1990, in fact. We only discovered this recently as my father-in-law had moved to Canada by then. Marjorie and Hattil had no children but she had a niece and nephew, living in Tasmania, Australia.

If you would like the remainder of the information that I have, do let me know at helenmcd20AThotmailDOTcom

Best wishes

Helen
    Last edited by christanel; 07-03-2015 at 4:35 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam.

chesil

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have sent you an email. Hope it gets to you.

Regards

Elna

Ladyshippers

I've sent a message to Elna as I lost the email address sent to me. If anyone else would like any of the information I have on this family, with links to the RIDLEY line, including the protestant marty Bishops, Nicholas Ridley and his compatriot Hugh Latimer - do et me know. This grim connection lead to the extensive use of both Latimer and Ridley as middle names of descendants in the RIDLEY line. They have quite an impressive pedigree and I'm quite envious - in a gentle sort of way.